Re: Missing Google Maps and Navigation Icons
1Bigdawg

I was able to relocate my blue Navigator arrow icon after uninstalling the Google Maps update.  When you pull up your apps (after uninstalling the Maps update), use the settings (three vertical dots on my phone) button to select Sort By: and choose alphabetical.  Look for Navigation.  That's where my blue arrow showed up so I could put it back on my screen.  It didn't show until I selected to alphabetize, though, so that may be why you can't find it. Hope this helps.  This is how it worked on my LG Spectrum II.

0 Likes
drew22

I just had it happen to me. I finally got it back by, (my phone is Thunderstorm HTC) restarting phone, going to all apps, remove apps, click on Maps, uninstall updates, restart phone and boom the blue triangle was back in all apps.good luck

0 Likes

I have a Samsung s4 and the Google  maps keeps dimming and turning off how can I fix that.

0 Likes
drew22

not sure, mine was dimming, opened app, goto settings, uncheck dimming.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

9965 go to settings>display>screen timeout and change the time interval.

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

9965 forgot to mention turn on smart stay in the notification panel drop down icons. Scroll to the right to find it.  What this does, the front facing camera detects that you are looking at the screen and the phone will keep the screen on until you look away.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's fix this 9965! Please follow the visuals here http://vz.to/11ZvfNE and clear the Maps application cache and data. Please power the phone off/on test and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
renegade2274

I got mine back after uninstalling the update. Thanks for the info.BTW my phone is the HTC incredible 4G LTE

0 Likes