Re: USB Device Not Recognized
mn1225

I tried the canned air too but no luck.  I've tried blowing out all of the USB devices from the device manager and let them re-install.  I got it to work for about 5 minutes then nothing.  That tells me that this something that MOTOROLA NEEDS TO FIX.  It's either their cable or their drivers that are made in a way that they are atypical and therefore prone to abnormalities.

0 Likes
jesseluscious

ok, so I had a little success and got so excited after racking my brain on forums that I felt I needed to jump on and post my solution.  It stopped working right after I posted.  So, I turned off my phone and removed the battery then took some very fine steel wool and a small flathead to work it into the usb port on my phone.  I worked it back and forth as to clean off any corrosion or oxidation on the connectors.  Wa LA! Turned it on and plugged it in and I currently have it connected to my laptop via usb mass storage and can see into the folders on my microsd in the phone.  

0 Likes
jesseluscious

Its still a little touchy, but at least its working.... Maybe since we use these phones so much and they're supposed to last 2 years they need to add another usb

0 Likes
JennyFawn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like many others here, I was beyond frustrated,. Plug in the phone and it starts charging. A message appears stating that the device was not recognized. Installed the Driver software(then uninstall and reinstall), restarted PC, restarted phone. Plug, unplug. Over and over. No luck!! Then based on comments above I double-checked my cable. I was using the cable from my old Driod phone!! Switched to the correct cable, and presto! It works! Thanks for the comments!

0 Likes
ElectronicsGuru

I was having the same problem with any USB cable or multimedia docking station I plugged my Doid 2 into. I read a few posts indicating cleaning the connector fixed the problem. I tried the compressed air but it did not work. So I sprayed Caig Laboratories DeoxIT FaderLube into the USB cable connector, the phone connector, and the multimedia docking station connectors.That solved the problem but it's still unreliable. It looks like the connector on the phone is wearing out.

With over 30 years of experience in the electronics industry I can tell you that an intermittent electrical connection can be a difficult problem to solve. Oh and I've also used WD40 to clean the contacts in connectors and it works well, in case you don't have any DeoxIT FaderLube handy. But spray lightly, don't drown your phone in WD40.

0 Likes