No iPhone texts to galaxy s 3
Spencma
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got my galaxy s 3 a few hours ago and I can't receive any iPhone texts, anybody have any ideas ( I am electronically challenged so please don't speak tech)?

0 Likes
Re: No iPhone texts to galaxy s 3
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of phone did you come from? Was it an iPhone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Spencma
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I had a 4S. My kids and boyfriend have iPhones and they will text me and I get nothing but they will receive texts from me from the galaxy. Makes no sense at all. Would've went back to the store but the sales women was not well let's just say not very nice and became less so when I wouldn't buy the bundle.

0 Likes
Spencma
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally figured it out - the iMessage on my old iPhone and my families phones has to be turned off in order for my galaxy to get a text from iPhones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Spencma, that's right! You got it! Your old iPhone can still connect to WiFi to send/receive iMessages. As a result, it must be completely powered off to allow text messages sent from iPhone users to be retrieved on your Samsung Galaxy device. For more device support, click http://bit.ly/y5iuoj

Lasina_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes