icon missing
notsosmart

I have lost the icon for the free navigation on my phone.  I used to be able to press a icon called navigation that was free on my phone but since the last update I had its gone.  I went into the Verizon store near me and they said I have to call tech support to find out what to do.  Does anyone know what happened to that Icon?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: icon missing
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was combined into the Google Maps update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was combined into the Google Maps update.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
skipddoo

i did what another responder said...go to settings....then application manager...google maps....uninstall updates....once done your phone goes back to the way it was before and you will have your blue navigation icon/app back.  i'm so happy to get mine back! 🙂

0 Likes
isham

sorry, my bionic does not have a sub-heading "Application Manager" under the "Settings" icon.

any suggestions?  Help!

jimi

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

skipddoo wrote:

i did what another responder said...go to settings....then application manager...google maps....uninstall updates....once done your phone goes back to the way it was before and you will have your blue navigation icon/app back.  i'm so happy to get mine back! 🙂

Of course, the downside is that you lose the new enhancements/updates to the Maps app.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

isham wrote:

sorry, my bionic does not have a sub-heading "Application Manager" under the "Settings" icon.

any suggestions?  Help!

jimi

menu > manage apps > all > scroll down to Maps and click Uninstall Updates on the right-hand side

0 Likes
skipddoo

I also learned that my phone kept auto-updating and I had to keep uninstalling the newer version of "Maps" which replaced "Navigation".  I have since learned that you can go into "Play Store" , then Settings and uncheck the auto-update apps. I hear the newer Maps is suppose to be better, but I am so used to Navigation...just so easy to pick it up, speak the address and it goes, that right now I don't want to try to learn a newer version.

0 Likes