Android 4.3 Update
lk149
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone, Verizon employee or otherwise, know when we will be getting the update to Android 4.3?  I feel like every other carrier already has it and Verizon is the last to roll it out as usual.  Very frustrating and almost makes me want to switch carriers.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 4.3 Update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

None of the other carriers have android 4.3 on any of their branded devices. The only devices with it are the wifi only Nexus devices, unlocked Nexus phones, and the Google Edition versions of the S4 and HTC One.

As for timing, I would suspect that the Galaxy Nexus on Verizon Wireless will get Android 4.3 before any of the other carrier branded devices on VZW including the Galaxy S3 or S4.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lk149
Enthusiast - Level 3

But does anyone know when that will be?  We shouldn't have to wait this long to receive the update.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Android 4.3 was announced and released to some devices only a few weeks ago. The manufacturers like Samsung have only had that code for the same amount of time. They have to modify it to work with your model of phone and add their TouchWiz flavor to it. When they think it is ready, they send it to VZW for testing. VZW will check for errors and you make sure the code doesn't break the network. When that is finished and the code is approved then they start scheduling the rollout to customers. This whole process can take months.

In short they will release it when they are good and ready to and not a minute sooner. Just ask the Xoom owners how long they waited for JB. Or Tbolt owners for the Gingerbread update. The list goes on and on. It isn't limited to just Verizon Wireless. The other carriers have delays to their device updates.

So sit back, relax and enjoy your phone as it is. As others will say. Be careful what you ask for.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

No, nobody knows.  You might as well work on your patience now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software updates are awesome and sometimes needed ik149, so I can understand the anticipation. I'm sorry we currently don't have a date for new software for your device. Are you having issues with your device? We can help trouble-shoot any issues you are having. Please let us know how we can help.

KInquana

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
lk149
Enthusiast - Level 3

No problems with the device, just find it frustrating that a lot of other devices are already getting this update and not Verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

lk149 wrote:

No problems with the device, just find it frustrating that a lot of other devices are already getting this update and not Verizon.

Name ONE device on any carrier that has gotten the Android 4.3 update. Unlocked Google devices don't count.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lk149,

I read you loud and clear on that one. And I'm truly glad that you're not experiencing issues with your device. Though we don't have any word on this update, please check in frequently for news and be the first to know about new updates at http://bit.ly/n5snpq .

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lk149
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seriously Verizon, you need to step it up with the update.  We're waiting almost a month now and still nothing.  I understand the HTC One is coming out sometime before the end of this month and is supposed to be running 4.3 out of the box.  What is the release date for the One and will the update be released to other devices around the same time?

0 Likes