Droid Razr M won't turn on, but has green charging light.
courtd93
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Razr M fell in water last night, and while for a half hour after, it worked as normal, it gave me the safeboot black screen, and it said that the battery was low. From there, I haven't been able to get it to turn back on, and I can no longer even see that screen. However, when I plug it into my computer or the outlet, the green light in the top hand corner comes on. I'm trying to let it dry out, but with the nonremovable battery I don't think rice will help, Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Razr M won't turn on, but has green charging light.
B33
Legend

Court how long was it in the Water was it just in it for mere seconds) Why i say this Motorola Sprays or Coats there Board's for Splashes and stuff like that if you got it out Quickly put a Towel around to soak most of the Water then Immersed in the Rice you might Just might have Luck getting it to Turn back on but one thing i would do is Ask for a New Sim Card they Don't Cost to Get one see if you can Get a Rep to Give you a New one..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Droid Razr M won't turn on, but has green charging light.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Definitely try the rice trick, it will suck the moisture through any small gap that it may have gotten in through.  Unfortunately, because you have attempted to turn it on, and plugged it in, you may have caused irreversible damage.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O Ouch!    I'm with Demmo on that one ( Do you have T.E.C on your Razr M if so you could try Filing a Claim using your Coverage..

0 Likes
courtd93
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's currently in rice and will be for a few days. What kind of damage could I have caused to it by doing so? While I find that the internet's advice is to be taken with severe caution, I found several places saying to do so to find out whether it has the ability to hold a charge, so that it's clear as to whether the battery is fried or if the circuits are. And wouldn't it normally have immediately shut down if that had been the case? It stayed on like nothing had happened for quite a while. 

0 Likes
courtd93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, I have the Extended Warranty but not T.E.C., so I'm out of luck.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Court how long was it in the Water was it just in it for mere seconds) Why i say this Motorola Sprays or Coats there Board's for Splashes and stuff like that if you got it out Quickly put a Towel around to soak most of the Water then Immersed in the Rice you might Just might have Luck getting it to Turn back on but one thing i would do is Ask for a New Sim Card they Don't Cost to Get one see if you can Get a Rep to Give you a New one..

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Ok, I think I misunderstood your post slightly, I thought you were saying that you powered your phone back up.  The damage that could be done would be a short on the board, sending power where it might not normally be.  Though, as B33 said, Motorola does make their newer phones water resistant.  Sometimes, though, there can be a little moisture causing strange issues that actually clear up after a while.  Leave it in the rice for at least a couple days, then try it again.

0 Likes
courtd93
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was in the water for about 1.5-2 seconds. I got it out pretty quickly and immediately attempted to dry it. I was at a party unfortunately so I wasn't able to put it in rice for quite a while, but I'm going to attempt to get it working. I'm leaving it in the rice for another day or so and then if I still can't get it, I'm going to bring it to a rep.

0 Likes
courtd93
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, it was on when it got wet, and it stayed on for a long time, and eventually powered itself down, and won't let me power up since. Hopefully there is no short, and with a little luck it'll work.