Casio Commando 4g Pictures from SD Card and Google not showing in Gallery!
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Hello everyone it's been a while!

So I've had a couple of these shiny new Commandos and guess what?!? They've got issues 😕

Here's my gripe, let see if the community is better help than Verizon Support and/or Casio Support. I picked up a new Commando on July 3rd and installed a 16gb SD Card. I used the device for 5 days then returned it ( long story ). I removed my SD Card with all my stuff on it. On July 17th I got another New Commando, installed my SD Card, annnnnnnnnnnd my photos are not showing in the Gallery......

Now if I install Astro File Manager and look at the SD Card guess what? All the photos are there..

So why won't this device add these photos to my Gallery?

Also related to the Gallery: Why aren't my Google Photos showing up either? Yes I've got Sync Google Photos turned on in the settings.

Thanks, Gary

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Casio Commando 4g Pictures from SD Card and Google not showing in Gallery!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Okay, some ideas for the Gallery.  With each one check the Gallery app to see if it work before going to the next idea.

1. Reboot the phone to force the phone to rescan the card at booting.
  2. In Settings > Storage unmount the SD card and then remount it.  This will also force the phone to rescan the SD card.
  3. In the Settings > Apps > all scroll down to Gallery and select it.  Clear the cache and data.  This will force the phone to rebuild the gallery folders.
  4. Turn off the phone and remove the SD card.  With a card reader, copy the entire contents of the SD card to a temp folder on a computer.  Properly disconnect the SD card from the computer and put it back into the phone.  From the Settings > Storage format the SD card in the phone.  Then using the method you prefer either the card reader or connect the phone to the computer via USB cable copy the contents of that temp folder back on to the SD card.  Disconnect the phone or the SD card from the computer properly and let the phone prepare the SD card (rescan it) and see if the folders show up.

As for the Google sync for photos, my Tbolt has drop down menu in the gallery app to select and view the Picasa web albums.  I wonder if the Casio Commando has something similar. I haven't chance to go through the full user manual yet to see if there is more information on syncing web albums.

Hopefully some this helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ooo! I want a full review of it later please.

As for your pictures, I have some thoughts on what you can, but I don't have time to type them clearly right now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Ann are we thinking about Getting a Commando in the immediate future  they are kind of Cool Looking i told my brother that Verizon has them now he's thinking about it.. but he thinks things way way out.. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not thinking about one for me, but for someone else who needs a rugged device.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

O ok Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Okay, some ideas for the Gallery.  With each one check the Gallery app to see if it work before going to the next idea.

1. Reboot the phone to force the phone to rescan the card at booting.
  2. In Settings > Storage unmount the SD card and then remount it.  This will also force the phone to rescan the SD card.
  3. In the Settings > Apps > all scroll down to Gallery and select it.  Clear the cache and data.  This will force the phone to rebuild the gallery folders.
  4. Turn off the phone and remove the SD card.  With a card reader, copy the entire contents of the SD card to a temp folder on a computer.  Properly disconnect the SD card from the computer and put it back into the phone.  From the Settings > Storage format the SD card in the phone.  Then using the method you prefer either the card reader or connect the phone to the computer via USB cable copy the contents of that temp folder back on to the SD card.  Disconnect the phone or the SD card from the computer properly and let the phone prepare the SD card (rescan it) and see if the folders show up.

As for the Google sync for photos, my Tbolt has drop down menu in the gallery app to select and view the Picasa web albums.  I wonder if the Casio Commando has something similar. I haven't chance to go through the full user manual yet to see if there is more information on syncing web albums.

Hopefully some this helps.

GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Unmounting and remounting SD Card worked and added all missing content. High five on that.

No options in drop down for Picasa or Google. Just Albums, Locations, Times, People, Tags

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Ann154 add me on G+ cause I tend to drop posts about my devices but basically it's a run of the mill Verizon Android with Amazing durability. I will not say many things about it's construction but the UI seems like they took the 771 and added ICS (kind of). I use it when my Nexus isn't safe to go outside, I have to remind myself it's made to be outside and stop thinking it's a power house, and if you know your way around an Android you'll probably beat your head against a wall at least a few times. I took it kayaking on a river, played music for 4 hours, swam with it attached to my neck. It's great for the abusive user.

<< Link removed.  Please use the Direct Message system to share personal or private information with other users. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

GreenRobot wrote:

Unmounting and remounting SD Card worked and added all missing content. High five on that.

No options in drop down for Picasa or Google. Just Albums, Locations, Times, People, Tags

Woo Hoo!  I am glad the first steps worked.  Did the Google albums sync then too or are they still missing?

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Contributor - Level 3

Nope, Google albums are still MIA

0 Likes