NAM1/NAM2
deppgirl

What is the difference between NAM1 and NAM2?

My phone was on NAM1 and I switched it to NAM2, surprisingly the software updated on my phone when I switched it to NAM2 but it would never update OTA when it was on NAM1.

Someone said you roam while on NAM2 but I don't think so, at the same time I just want to make sure.

thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: NAM1/NAM2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

deppgirl, that's a great question. We recommend that you set your device to Nam1 in order to connect to our network. Addtionally, for your convenience, you can manually update any 3G device by dialing *228 and choosing option 2. Keep us posted. We're here to further assist you, if needed.

Lasina_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
deppgirl

Thanks. I did switch it back to NAM1 and the software update works now instead of continuously getting the "Connecting" screen or the "Server Unavailable" screen. It's almost like switching it to NAM2 and activating my phone (samsung brightside sch-u380) then switching back to NAM1 fixed the Server unavailable problem when trying to search for new software.

I wonder if others who are getting the server unavailable or the continuously connecting screen when trying update software could try this and if it would work?

Either way, thank you for answering.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@deppgirl,

Thanks for keeping us updated! I'm glad your issue has been resolved and we were able to help.

John_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes