can't hear caller on the phone
trixietoyou

I am a loyal Verizon customer. I only recall one problem with one phone in fifteen years. It was quickly resolved and I was a happy customer. However I am upset that my new phone is experiencing this problem with the "I can't hear you" to the caller or person on the other end. I purchased the phone on July,11th 2011. I have had a few conversations on the device but they were limited. Today I realized what was going on. Also while talking with a friend on her HOME PHONE the call was dropped, the Droid called her on her cell phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is kinda creepy. I want to know what is being done to resolve this problem. It is a huge one and there is a lot of frustration. I tried removing the battery and holding the power button. DID NOT WORK!!!!!!!!! 

I do not wANT A REFURBISHED PHONE WHEN SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THEIR NEW PHONE/DROID

THIS IS BAD BUSINESS

Sincerely

0 Likes
Re: can't hear caller on the phone
Not applicable

Trixietoyou, 

Thank you for inquiring about this issue, I understand your frustration over having audio issues with a brand new device. I have seen some other people have this issue and one thing that seems to help is turning on the Hearing Aid Compatibility. This is not to say you need a hearing aid, it just increases the volume of the earpiece. Go to Settings>Call Settings> check HAC or Hearing Aid Compatibility.

Also, I do not understand your second issue. You said you were talking to your friend on their home phone, then the phone called her cell phone? Are the numbers switched around between the home and mobile numbers? Did the phone select the wrong one? Can you please clarify?

0 Likes
SteenHensley
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same problem.  I have set the HAC and can now hear the voice mail, but nothing else.  The speaker is working fine.  People can hear me when I call, but I can't hear them... I can't hear the phone ringing or anything.

tgbobbi
Enthusiast - Level 1

MarquiaF_VZW, my wife is having the same problem and your suggestion does not work. Is there a known problem in the field and if so, could you tell us if we are better off having it serviced than trying anything else? Because we've tried just about EVERYTHING we can think of. Thank you.

0 Likes
deborahr

Having the same problem with an LG Cosmos 2 -- on a voice call, the other party can hear me but I can't hear the phone ring when I call OR hear their voices. UNLESS I turn on speakerphone and then the phone works as it should. I have tried removing the battery for 30 seconds; checking to be sure Voice Privacy is OFF; adjusting all the sound settings. Is there anything else we can try?

0 Likes