Re: HTC Rezound soft keys not responding?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear kll03,

Good morning. Experiencing difficulties with your device is certainly frustrating. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I would also like to then all of our community members for their time to reasearch and provide recommendations in providing assistance.

I understand running the phone in safe mode did not help. Powering the phone off and on, as well as doing a battery pull also did not help. The last step we would take is a hard reset. Before you process a hard reset, please esure your information is backed up. To learn how to process a hard reset click http://vz.to/wLmjGs If you still experience difficutlies with the soft keys, please fee freel to reach out to us.

Thank You,
Michelle_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
CLittle284

Add me to the list of none working soft keys. 

0 Likes
russrock1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Several of us have tried to do a hard reset. It does not work. The soft keys are simply unresponsive.

SalSci

I really think this is a hardware issue.  I tried all the software "fixes" and nothing worked.  Based on the "slow death" tell me that something is wrong with the phone itself.  I'm just happy I got the extended warranty.  I have also noticed that Verizon no longer advertisers or sells anything for the Rezound.  Even this board was hard to find.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

russrock1,

Unresponsive soft keys after a hard reset mean we've got to take this just one step further. To be honest, at this point, we would be looking at replacement options. I've begun following you, please accept the request, follow back and send me a direct message including your mobile number and billing system password (or last four of your social if a password isn't present) so we can research your replacement options.

Evan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
megaded9
Enthusiast - Level 1

Throwing in my name as well. What an AMAZING coincidence that all of our Rezounds are having the same issue at the same time. Hmmmm... Also, thank you for your lack of help Verizon and HTC. I can't upgrade until February of 2014. Now my wife is stuck with a broken phone. I can guarantee the next purchase will NOT be an HTC! In fact, we may switch carriers all together.

>>Edited to remove profanity<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

cynthie

i just googled 'rezound' to see if new info came up - i had to go back to my HTC "not-so-Incredible" because the soft keys on my rezound stopped working. it started slowly (you'd have to tap them several times) and after a couple months, stopped working.  my local verizon hadn't heard of this issue, and had trouble finding any forums on it.  they did the hard re-set and nothing helped.  my renewal is coming up soon - but i too was very disappointed to have paid plenty for this phone and got far less than 2 yrs out of it.  class action?

0 Likes
russrock1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Replacement?

How would that work? I'm sure all in the forum would be interested in knowing what to do here.

This has been extremely frustrating and is not an isolated problem. In today's world our phones are a necessary part of our daily life and having a phone go belly-up, through no fault of the user, really creates a problem. We all really need help here

This thread has a new person complaining of the same problem on an alarming basis. Further, there's concern about being pushed into losing our unlimited data and I'm a bit concerned that this is the route many of us are being pushed.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

All devices carry a one year manufacturer warranty and there is an option to pay for extended warranty coverage.  If the phone is covered and shows no signs of physical damage or water damage, it can be replaced for free, with no effect on your plan.

0 Likes
IvyDJ

I rarely come on to the site but i'm freaking out because my phone's soft keys (learned that on here since I had no clue that was their name) slowly started not to work for me and they are now frozen. I noticed that my phone started going to black so i had to hit the top right button to get the screen if i wanted to be able to press a 1 or 2 when they asked me to. Then the soft buttons. All within the last 2/3 weeks. I thought come on update since it seems everytime we need one my phone starts acting up. Then I see everyone on here in the last weeks is having exactly the same problem and my plan isnt up for renewal til 01/27. You cant tell me that all these phones at the same time are breaking cause we ourselves are doing something to it. That makes no sense at all. And I need this phone, I'm the caretaker for my sick grandmother and my health problemed mom, I'm all the doctor's contacts and i'm I get contacted a lot for my mom since she's going thru testing and radiation. So what, I now have to get a new phone which I cant afford? I'm pretty fed up that every 2 years, or less, you have to get a new phone because it seems they dont last at all. I think come the end of Jan. I'm looking into cheaper plans with less expensive phones that at least when they do go bad I can afford to get a new phone. I know I'm ranting but this is frustrating. And this site puts me back to the "let's see if we can find what's wrong page" instead of giving me an email to send my help me request. I am going to the store today, specifically to see if they can help me but from the sound of it on here i'll be wasting my breath.

0 Likes