Why can't I send pictures from my Motorola Droid to my MacBook Pro via Bluetooth?
betsycam

I can pair the two together, but sending a photo from my phone to my computer 2 inches away fails.  On my phone it says "connection unsuccessful." When I try to connect to the phone via my computer I get the message:  There was a problem connecting to your device.  Make sure the device is on, in range, paired correctly, and services such as Bluetooth tethering are set up properly.  When I found Bluetooth tethering in my settings, the box is unchecked and when I check it it tells me I have to buy that service for another $30 or so a month!  Please don't tell me I have to buy that just so I can transfer pictures between my phone and my computer!  I play frickin' enough as it is!  What is the point of being able to pair the two when I can't do anything with the pairing!?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Why can't I send pictures from my Motorola Droid to my MacBook Pro via Bluetooth?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Bluetooth tethering is sharing your phone's internet connection with the computer, that's why there is an extra charge.  This is not what you want.  I would go into the bluetooth settings of both your phone and computer to make sure you are not missing something.  Also, an easier solution (bluetooth is unbearably slow for file transfer) may be to look into the app called AirDroid.  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sand.airdroid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSw...

0 Likes
Re: Why can't I send pictures from my Motorola Droid to my MacBook Pro via Bluetooth?
betsycam

Thank you for your recommendation - I will give this a try.

0 Likes