deleting backup assistant
fahrenkrug

Have a samsung Intensity II.  Previously my sisters phone.  She had backup assistant on it.  Receive a message every day that the phone number has changed and need to uninstall and reinstall backup assistant.  I do to : Menu, media center,browse and downloads, backup assistant.  It goes to the site, but then I can the phone number changed message and prompt to uninstall backup assistant.  I don't know how to do this.  the only prompts under options I see have nothing to do with uninstalling it. thnx

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: deleting backup assistant
rkeilitz

I am having a similar issue.  Being told the PIN is incorrect, when I am entering the PIN that Verizon is telling me is the correct PIN number.  I know what one way to fix this is to undelete Backup Assistant, but there are no menu options which allow me to delete or reinstall BA.  Any help that could be provided on how to either delete BA , or re-install it would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!!!

0 Likes
LarissaLG
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had the same problem. Best Buy accidentally set my phone to my mom's number, Backup Assistant synced with her contacts, then I realized the problem. They were able to switch numbers but then my BA wouldn't work. I have all of my contacts from Google, but I'd still like to sync up with BA. Whenever I try, it tells me that either the PIN is wrong, my phone number has changed, or the PIN is for another account/MDN (or something like that.) This is very frustrating.. I can't figure out how to uninstall then reinstall BA or even reset it so I can back up the contacts I have now. Please help!!!!!

Not applicable

LarissaLG wrote:

I have had the same problem. Best Buy accidentally set my phone to my mom's number, Backup Assistant synced with her contacts, then I realized the problem. They were able to switch numbers but then my BA wouldn't work. I have all of my contacts from Google, but I'd still like to sync up with BA. Whenever I try, it tells me that either the PIN is wrong, my phone number has changed, or the PIN is for another account/MDN (or something like that.) This is very frustrating.. I can't figure out how to uninstall then reinstall BA or even reset it so I can back up the contacts I have now. Please help!!!!!

Thanks for posting.  Have you tried logging onto Backup Assistant (BUA) from the website?  Have you tried setting up BUA on another phone?  If you have taken these measures already then please PM me your number and I will reset your pin using the resources I have.  Thanks.

0 Likes
C1955
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also want to uninstall BUA.  How can I do that?

rakirik92
Enthusiast - Level 1

You must do a system restore and re-install backup assistant.  Go to Settings & Tools -> Phone Settings -> Security -> enter last 4 digits of your phone # (unless you changed the security code) then -> Restore Phone.   Next you will need to dial *228 and follow the prompts to re-activate the phone.  Then you need to re-install backup assistant.  Go to Media Center -> Browse & Download -> Backup Assistant, then follow the prompts to re-install.  Enter your backup assistant PIN when it asks for it.  Your contacts should start downloading.  If you don't have your backup assistant password, or need help, call Verizon tech support at *611.  That's what I had to do, and these were the steps the tech had me take.  Worked like a charm.