Grandfathered Unlimited Plan Questions
Zeph_yr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on an unlimited data, unlimited text, and 450 minute plan from Verizon. I was grandfathered-in to the unlimited data. My contract 'ends' in December. The discounted upgrade starts in August. If I don't buy a discounted phone from Verizon, can I renew in December and keep the unlimited data? Or will I have to sign a completely new contract with a tiered data plan? Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Grandfathered Unlimited Plan Questions
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't buy a discounted phone (do nothing, your contract will continue with unlimited data until you cancel.  In December, you will be considered a "month to month" account, no change in your plan.

If, at any time, you purchase a discounted phone from Verizon or one of it's agents (Best Buy, Costco, Amazon, etc), you will be "forced" into a tiered data plan or Share Everything account (depending n where and how the purchase is made).

If you purchase a new phone from a private party, or continue to use your current phone, your unlimited data will remain.  Keep in mind that it is an added feature, and can be changed at any time by Verizon.  So far they are allowing the unlimited to remain as long as you do not sign a new contract and continue in a month to month status.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't buy a discounted phone (do nothing, your contract will continue with unlimited data until you cancel.  In December, you will be considered a "month to month" account, no change in your plan.

If, at any time, you purchase a discounted phone from Verizon or one of it's agents (Best Buy, Costco, Amazon, etc), you will be "forced" into a tiered data plan or Share Everything account (depending n where and how the purchase is made).

If you purchase a new phone from a private party, or continue to use your current phone, your unlimited data will remain.  Keep in mind that it is an added feature, and can be changed at any time by Verizon.  So far they are allowing the unlimited to remain as long as you do not sign a new contract and continue in a month to month status.

0 Likes
Zeph_yr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just the answer I was looking for. Thanks!