Calls from Verizon offering money
juergenswife

Has anyone else received a call from Verizon offering them $199.00. I have not enter any contest, signed up for free promotions or anything. My husband and I both received this cal. Do you or anyone know what this is about?

0 Likes
Re: Calls from Verizon offering money
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a scam. A search of this community should locate similar offers that are fake.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
boseli

I received one of these calls as well. I was told to log on to vzw50.com Apparently, according to the customer service rep I talked with at *611, there are a number of different websites suggested for receiving your Verizon bonus money. They are all scams, obviously, and need to be reported to Verizon. If you receive a text message of this sort, forward it to 7726; if you receive an email of this sort, forward it to phishing@verizonwireless.com; if you receive a phone message, call *611 and report it. There is a team of VZW tech people looking into this. I suggested that all Verizon customers need to be informed so that they are not vulnerable to the negative effects of responding to one of these phishing attempts.

If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Dude, was it really necessary to post this multiple times in the forum especially since it is frowned upon in the for this site?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes