System UIDs inconsistent
poetmom217

My droid incredible HTC is acting up, I got this error today "system UIDs inconsistent"  UIDs on the sysytem are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable.  Then I got "I'm feeling lucky" tool bar in the bottom.  Now it has started rebooting itself over and over. Do anybody knows what can I do...HELP!

0 Likes
Re: System UIDs inconsistent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Poetmom217

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing such an issue with your device.

Have you removed the battery on the HTC Incredible? I'm sure you have as this may have been the only way for it to stop rebooting.

Once a power cycle has been completed, I suggest you run your device in safe mode http://bit.ly/WbUtpg and retest.

If you're still receiving this message after placing in safe mode then I recommend performing a hard reset http://bit.ly/VsA7tx .

Please remember to back up your information prior to the hard reset since this will remove all data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings and downloaded applications.

Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

0 Likes
Mayo62

My Droid Incredible is doing the same thing. I've had to do a factory reset 3 times since 1/1/13. As a busy business owner on the go, I don't have time to spend a couple hours at the start of my day reloading my phone, apps, and configuring settings!

Was there a recent system update that is causing these problems?  Note:  My Droid is in excellent condition, has never gotten wet or been dropped on the sidewalk, or had any other accidents that could damage the hardware. 

Was there a recent O/S system update that is causing these problems?

0 Likes
bawerner

My Droid Incredible started this yesterday. It was obviously an update that caused it because the phone restarted by itself and when it cam back it had that message on it. Other thing like Twitter and email are not working either. I pulled the battery a couple of times, but it made no difference.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bawerner, Let's keep this classic device up and running! Are you still able to access your web browser? How often are you getting this system error? Were you able to test the device in Safe Mode to see if the performance remained consistent?  If the performance does not improve, I would suggest a hard reset to clear any corruptions. http://bit.ly/VsA7tx Please keep me updated on the status as I would be happy to assist further.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
boutaswell-v-s
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you can't get rid of the "I'm feeling lucky" popup, then how are you supposed to back up the latest?

0 Likes
boutaswell-v-s
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, your responses indicate that Verizon has no clue what is wrong and since this is the 2nd entry from you, it also indicates that Verizon has no inclination to research this problem.  How far off am I?

0 Likes
beandog18

i got this tonight. the last program i updated?  my verizon mobile, how ironic. thanks for wiping out my phone jerks!

0 Likes
plverizoncommunitynam

I have had the same problem for about a week now.  It is interesting how the software on this phone has been getting steadily worse for the last year.  I haven't installed any new Apps other than the updates and it just keeps getting worse.

It is hard not to feel like verizon is purposefully breaking the phone to make me upgrade.

0 Likes
bstrunke11

To everyone getting this message, "System UID's Inconsistent...." I do not think there is or is going to be a resolution. I have tried everything with my Droid Incredible. I have hard reset the phone many times, with Verizon Tier II support on the phone. The support person concluded our calling by saying I have a virus, and actually put that in the ticket to my disagreement. The sad thing is, I reactivated the phone with them on the call twice, and it said "programming complete", rebooted the phone, all to no avail.

My guess, and this is only a guess, is that the internal settings of the phone have somehow become corrupted. If they(Verizon) could somehow tell me what the settings are supposed to be, then we could make that determination and possibly solve the problem. The problem is not unique to HTC Droid Incredible's, which should cause them to do some root cause analysis, but my expectation for same is low.

Good luck. If anyone really finds a fix, let me know.

0 Likes