How to track international data usage in iPhone settings
swatkins2015

I am living in Europe for 2 months and have an international data plan for 100 MB per cycle. The first cycle I used well over my 100 MB allowance, so this cycle I'm trying to be more careful and track my usage. The Verizon global data tracker always has my usage listed as 0 KB on My Verizon, so I know that's not accurate. I've been tracking with my iPhone under: SETTINGS>General>Usage>Cellular Usage then checking the amount listed under "Cellular Network Data" to track my usage. It has it listed as 2 separate amounts, data sent and data received. I would like to know if this is an accurate way to keep track of my international data usage, and if so, should I add the amounts together to get the total amount used (EX: 3 MB sent + 17 MB received = 20 MB total used)

SIDE QUESTION: I'd really only like to use my data plan for iMessage to avoid the international texting charges. Is there any way to set it so that my data is only used for iMessaging? (ie: STOP receiving notifications from Facebook, Instagram, email, etc. while using the 3G international data plan)

Any and all help, tips, or suggestions are much appreciated!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: How to track international data usage in iPhone settings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of using your phone to communicate with friends and family while out of the U.S. swatkins2015. I'm sorry your not able to check your data usage accurately but we have some options to help with this issue. You can track your usage online via My-Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc . Simply log in and it will provide you with information about the data usage. Also, are you receiving the global data alerts for your data limitations? The best way to check is online via our official website. Lastly, we are unable to set your phone to use international text without being charged. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. ^KH

0 Likes
Re: How to track international data usage in iPhone settings
swatkins2015

Unfortunately I've already tried to track my usage through My-Verizon. However, it only gives me my domestic data usage which is obviously 0 since I'm in Europe. There is no category or link that I can see on My-Verizon for tracking my global plan (calls, texts, or data). And with regard to data alerts, it only alerts me after I have used 100 MB to let me know I will be charged. The purpose of tracking is ideally so that I won't be surprised and I can monitor my usage responsibly before getting charged another $25. Any insight on tracking global data either through my iPhone device or My-Verizon that you're aware of would be great! 

0 Likes