Can my parents see my texts online?????!?!?!
Jimmy145343

Can they see them online? Or only the time sent and who sent them, not the actual message. Because on my VZW it says view your texts, and i wanted to know if my parents could see my texts online. Can they?!?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can my parents see my texts online?????!?!?!
BenZ

No, they can't. Yes they can see the time and date but thats it. The content of your text messages is saved on the vzw server for 3 days then it is deleated. You can only have access to the actual messages by court order.

0 Likes
jeremyg

BenZ is right - on ANY network, such detailed information (meaning actual content) is only available to the user, unless released under court order.  I don't think your parents will be attempting to retain a court order for the purposes of spying on you, nor could they likely get one if they tried - not based solely on wanting to know what's going on in your life...pretty sure you're safe, unless you get into some legal trouble that involves your phone.  That is a rather valid concern, though!   :robothappy:

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Your parents can have a copy of your text messages forwarded to their email address... for this tho they NEED to get ahold of your phone.
0 Likes
idahocrazy

how can the parents have the text forwarded to email ?

0 Likes
ncmcjm
Enthusiast - Level 2

They cant see them online.  But they can take your phone and physically check it!  That is what we do with my stepdaughters.  Personally if it isnt something you want your parents to see you should not be txting it!  We check now because we have found inappropriate txts on her phone.  So she knows we check it.  I pay for the phone so feel it is ok to do this.  I know not everyone will agree with it.

0 Likes