Re: Can I use an Android phone without a data plan?
Klue
Master - Level 1

I get around it by using two phones.  When my contract with verizon was up I moved over to Strait Talk with a different somewhat smart phone as my phone usage was really low, and use my Galaxy phone that was on the Verizion network as my internet device using Wifi if needed.  It's a hastle but my phone bll is only about 10 bucks a month.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning mauqua.

I can certainly understand your questioning for the new Share Everything plans. The $50 is the monthly access fee, for the Unlimited Talk, Text, and your pool of data. Then the $40 is for the Smartphone on the line. Do you know if you get an employee discount? This can help offset some of the cost. You can check & register here: http://bit.ly/SAe4MP

I hope this helps.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kjuloea

I don't blame them for wanting to make money. But for $55 I used less than half a GB last month. I think the cost is too much. Everyone, keep looking for ideas, we're all smarter than Verizon. I got rid of my land line for a cell (2nd cell phone) and our Verizon cell service so terrible we had to have landline reinstalled. Now I owe $150 on "free" phone I got with "agreement" because it was only an agreement if I kept phone two years. And this is because their service is so awful! Who do I call? They can have their worthless phone that must have weakest antenna made! 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.