CALLER NAME ID APP...how do u uninstall it from ur Samsung Galaxy S3..it seems to have interrupted my text messaging
girlygirl253

HOW U UNINSTALL THIS APP MY GALAXY S3 ISNT RECEIVING MY TEXT MESSAGES

0 Likes
Re: CALLER NAME ID APP...how do u uninstall it from ur Samsung Galaxy S3..it seems to have interrupted my text messaging
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings > Apps > scroll over to the "All" tab > scroll down to the Caller ID app. Select it and touch the disable button. You'll might have to uninstall the updates before the disable option will be available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: CALLER NAME ID APP...how do u uninstall it from ur Samsung Galaxy S3..it seems to have interrupted my text messaging
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear girlygirl253,

Good morning. I am sorry to hear of the difficulites you are experiencing with your text messaging. It would be my pleasure to address your messaging concerns.

Thanks to our community member Ann154 for providing with correct steps on disabling the application. Unfortunately, the application can not be unistalled, only disabled. You may also want to remove the SIM card from your phone and reinsert it. For directions on how to do this click http://vz.to/16dLdpZ If you are still having issues with your messaging after disabling the Caller Name ID app, please feel free to reach out to us for further assistance. Have a great day!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
wlp2709
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have an answer for your question, but I do think that pushing a download to my phone without my permission is abusive.  There should be a way to opt out of these dis-services!

jwagner01
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree completely. Stop shoving these apps in our face! Now I get a "Caller Name ID" notification in addition to the regular call notification. Tell me again, why do I need this? Perhaps I need three or four notifications per call. Verizon is the worst service provider when it comes to this sort of behavior. Completely abusive!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It's not "being shoved in your face" when it is easily disabled.

0 Likes
jwagner01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, I think the fact that it is installed automatically without the option of uninstalling certainly qualifies as "being shoved in your face".

0 Likes
Agip_skf

Yes you can remove the app

1. Make sure mobile data is on and open the CALLER NAME ID app.

2. Go to ACCOUNT TOOLS and check your STATUS. If it says to SUBSCRIBE then that means that you have not been signed up for the service yet and simply hit the back

key and hit REMOVE APPLICATION.

3. If you see under your status that you have X amount of days left in your trial period then that means you have been signed up for the trial period. In this case just

unsubscribe and confirm, then hit the back key and hit REMOVE APPLICATION.

If you disabled the app then just enable it and remove.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

When you disable it, it doesn't even show up in the app drawer, it is, for all intents and purposes, uninstalled.  Again, not "being shoved in your face".

NotHappyUser

Settings > Apps > scroll over to the "All" tab > scroll down to the Caller ID app. Select it and touch the disable button. You'll might have to uninstall the updates before the disable option will be available.

This is not true as it still takes up 2M on my phone.  How do you uninstall it?

0 Likes