Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update Issues (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Raz5101

Thanks for the hint uwphotographer! I've been going insane trying not to throw the phone off a tall building.  I uninstalled the task killer AND my antivirus and now the phone works like new (after a couple restarts of course)!  Also, yesterday my battery lasted 13 hours!  I think it has NEVER done that before... Thanks again!

0 Likes
zirkenz

I finally have a solution, if you are still having problems. Mind you it is the only solution to fix your woes permanently. The main problem is the TB does not have enough RAM to run the OS and your apps. You are going to have to factory reset your phone. This sounds painful, however, If you use google services like gmail, google voice, calendar and contacts and apps like evernote to store other stuff, the restoration is not so painful. You can use an app called Back up To Gmail to backup your texts and call log. Other apps like Lookout let you backup photos, call logs and such. Verizon also has a backup app. You will loose any app data but its a small price to pay. When you do reinstall apps keep it at a bare minimum. Just the bare essentials. I did this with both my wife's and my phone and the diffeence is night and day. The phones are once more useable and battery life has improved a bit. So swallow hard and just do it. Be sure to check the erase SD card option when you reset but before then hook the TB up to your laptop and drag off any files you want to keep. I'd drag over the notifications, ringtones, backgrounds, downloads, music, pictures, media and DCIM folders. This is where most of your stuff will be. I was terribly resistant to doing this but the phones got so bad i literally mean it was not useable as it was so slow reacting. So do yourselves a favor and just take the plunge.

After you reset a set up program automatically launches and says something about activating your sim. Just ignore it and hit your home button. Make sure mobiile networks is on. Give it a few minutes and rebot. Then check about phone, identity and see if your phone number shows up. Once you see that you can start reinstalling apps and setting up your google accounts.

0 Likes
Bol
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon and Google both ruined my Thunderbolt with that forced upgrade to ICS. It's slow and worthless now!!!!

The latest is that I cannot get the HTC Sync to recognize the SIM card. It says it's not mounted.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Bol!

I'd love to assist you with your Thunderbolt. It seems you are getting an error message with the SIM card that it's not mounted. Is this the original SIM card the device came with? Has it ever been replaced?

I'd also like to ask if you have any battery-saving applications or task-killer applications installed? If so, please go to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/Downloaded. Then, look up the application(s) and uninstall.

Please let me know how this goes, thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes