My HTC Droid Incredible 2 won't turn on!
charmadizard

Lately, when I set it down a certain way (usually bottom-first on a hard surface, such as a coffee table) my Incredible 2 turns off. No warning, just black screen. Now, usually I just turn it back on and it's fine - a little inconvienent, but it still works.

On Monday (July 2nd) it did it again so I went to turn it back on but it didn't. It got to the final animation and froze for about 20 minutes, then went back an animation (to the "htc quietly brilliant" screen) then froze again on the last one. I took out the battery, checked for water damage (there was none) then proceeded to try again, with the same results. Before it turned off, it had 80% battery.

I took it to the local Verizon store and the worker told me to call customer service but there was a long wait so I decided to ask on here.

I've dropped my phone once (ironically, it didn't turn off) but other than that, I have always taken top-notch care of it. My friends call me a little possessive of it, but it's only because I didn't want stuff like THIS to happen. 😞

What is wrong with my phone?!

<Personal information removed for privacy per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: My HTC Droid Incredible 2 won't turn on!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to continue to enjoy your Incredible 2 charmadizard! I recommend trying a hard reset as the first step, using the alternate method. Here's a link to help you. If the device will not respond, a warranty replacement would be the best option. I would recommend a hands on evaluation however; as the manufacturer warranty will not cover physical damage. If you have equipment insurance, it is the best option with a damaged device. http://bit.ly/oOaRQt ^JHK

0 Likes
onejudyd

I had no trouble with my Incredible 2, two years and suddenly while I was texting my son, the screen went black.  I haven't been able to get it back on.  I took it to Verizon store and they didn't know.  I got another phone but I would like to get photos and videos that I had not put on my computer.  Any one know how I can do this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@onejudyd

I understand the desire to retain those memorable moments you captured with your previous device!  The pictures and videos should be already saved to the device removable SD memory card.  They will display once inserted in the new device.  Otherwise, you can still transfer the files to your computer from the old device by following these steps: http://vz.to/19wP8hS, and then transfer them back from the computer to the new/replacement device.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
onejudyd

I wonder if this will reply to you. My incredible 2 has a black screen so I can' select it is a drive. I also have a Mac that doesn't have my computer so cannot connect. Can you think of something else?

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in DROID Incredible 2 by HTC - View the full discussion

@onejudyd

I understand the desire to retain those memorable moments you captured with your previous device! The pictures and videos should be already saved to the device removable SD memory card. They will display once inserted in the new device. Otherwise, you can still transfer the files to your computer from the old device by following these steps: http://vz.to/19wP8hS, and then transfer them back from the computer to the new/replacement device. Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in DROID Incredible 2 by HTC by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

:-)udy

0 Likes
LarryZ

When My Incredable 2 wouldn't turn on I took the battery out and rubbed a pencil eraser on the contacts to clean them.

When I put it back in it started.

It's an old tech trick.

0 Likes