my 4G and my wifi have stopped working on my galaxy s III. I have already reset the phone removing the sim card and the battery then waiting for 1min and replacing it. It still does not work.. What to do next?
aeflaugh

my 4G and my wifi have stopped working on my galaxy s III. I have already reset the phone removing the sim card and the battery then waiting for 1min and replacing it. It still does not work.. What to do next?

0 Likes
Re: my 4G and my wifi have stopped working on my galaxy s III. I have already reset the phone removing the sim card and the battery then waiting for 1min and replacing it. It still does not work.. What to do next?
watcher74

My 4G stopped working in the upstate (greenville/Spartanburg area) at about 12:50 EDT. And not just my phone. Got a message from my co-worker, and checked with my other co-worker who also has no data coverage.

0 Likes
Re: my 4G and my wifi have stopped working on my galaxy s III. I have already reset the phone removing the sim card and the battery then waiting for 1min and replacing it. It still does not work.. What to do next?
jgalli
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey...I'm in the Greenville/Spartanburg area too.  I've had a lot of connectivity problems in the last week or so (data..not calls).  It's 9:46am, and I've got no signal. I just did the update last night.  The battery isn't lasting as long lately, although I suspect that's related to the signal issue. Have you noticed signal problems in the last week or so?  There's been other times in the past few months as well that I've had some connection issues.

0 Likes
Rahima53

I'm having the same problem with my S3 after the most recent update.  Today data has worked very sporadically.  The activity indicator is flashing the up and down arrows, but nothing will load.  Right now I have no data signal at all.  Have rebooted several times with no improvement.

I'm also in the Greenville / Spartanburg area.

0 Likes
aksafari

Yes, same problem here in Anchorage, immediately after the update.  Data connection is sporadic, and handover between WiFi and Data is causing download/upload problems.  Restarting my phone corrects the problem for a few minutes, but things degrade quickly.  Also, my battery is suffering.  I believe this update did something with the radio settings, and it wasn't something good.

As a related note, this is also affecting texting.  It takes a try or two to get a single text message to send now.

Verizon?  Are you listening?  This is a MAJOR PROBLEM. 

A wireless phone w/o a wireless connection is just a PDA.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@aeflaugh,

Let's get your 4G and WiFi back up and running to you can get back to enjoying the Internet on your phone!

Thanks for doing the initial troubleshooting! Are you still unable to access 4G and WiFi on your phone? Are you able to access the internet at all on your phone? Are you getting any error message when attempting to access data on the phone?

What happens when you try to connect to WiFi?

If you are still having issues please advise of the zip code where you are located so I can take a look at the area.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
fatalerrorz

80537 and 80631 have very spotty 4G since the upgrade.  I've pulled the
Sim, and even did a factory data reset.  We need a new radio.

0 Likes
hvnfn1

I just noticed my motorola razr stopped getting 4g also.  I've reset the phone but still no luck.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes