Re: unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.
bankersm

I get the same message. I went to Verizon store and they are stumped. They contacted top tech people and they were supposed to have it fixed today. Still can't call, no bars or network....sometimes have 1X. I'm ready to throw it in the toilet. Its' been fine, until I ran an update a couple of days ago. I have no working phone and all my contacts, etc.. I've heard nothing from Verizon today. They said they would call me when the figured out what the problem was. Geez! They tried all kinds of things in the store.

0 Likes
000gina000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same error.  I updated this morning and got the error immediately.  My phone basically doesn't work.  Very frustrating.  I guess I will have to do a factory reset *sigh*.

0 Likes
dmpfeil

Clearing the system cache didn't work for me either.  Verizon and Motorola, this is not cool.  Factory reseting now...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

To Ashley and other Bionic Owners:

One of Many things i always suggest or suggested in the past was have a Fully charged battery, A very good Connection to either the Network or if you have Wi-Fi  as these updates are Hefty and requires the phone to undertake allot of data so it's wise to either Factory Reset before the Update or After Doing the Update and a clearing of the System Cache before the F.R, doesn't hurt Either).

Another thing tell your friends and your family you need an Hour of Space to let your phone Take the update as it States in the instructions with any update you wont be able to make or Take Calls but even still give the phone the space it needs to Do the update.! 

Before you pick up your phone and say O that stuff is Cool let the Phone Fully take the Download & update other stuff there after it also needs time to Update any apps that you have in your phone from the previous OS).  My Maxx did this when it updated to ICS and Jelly Bean And like Jim with his Maxx i've had just very Minor to NO issues at all with my Maxx.

And sometimes it may Take 1 or 2 F.R.'s to straighten things out on the Phone if some of your Apps are not Compatible with Jelly Bean they won't Play Nice with it.. And on my Maxx as for the Connection i have Mine set on LTE / CDMA instead of Global this may work better if you have that option to Change you Might try see how that works).

Hopefully things will straighten out for ya one's having these issues give my suggestions a try if ya already have well hang there you'll get it work-in Soon.!  b 

0 Likes
Wifeeworld

Why isn't someone from Verizon addressing this issue?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The best way if you haven't is to Contact Customer Service all we can do give advice,  Just like Forums for flashlights, Scanners, or for hobbies). And from there you just have to Try and see if it Works..

0 Likes
shfe
Enthusiast - Level 2

The best way is just to backup and factory reset. It doesn’t take long and my backups seemed fairly easy to restore.

I think my phone is actually working better. It’s like reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling the os and apps. But this was easier since it wasn’t like reinstalling a windows OS. I lost stuff but nothing I can’t live without.

Think of it as spring cleaning.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup for sure a like a clean pipe flows the water faster than that of a Dirty one b

0 Likes
ffmilkyway

yes, i am having same prblem

0 Likes
johninfla

To all those having this problem....the fastest and easiest is the factory reset. Yes it's a pain to have to re-install things but the phone works SO MUCH BETTER on Jellybean. I had few problems with the Bionic, but going from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich finally to Jellybean OMG what a difference!! I had the same error message and I was pi$$ed to say the least! I didn't waste my time with Verizon but called Motorola directly.( I had my fill with a previous carrier not being able to help with my phone and when sent back to Motorola had a perfect phone in just a few days with a programming repair! Now I deal with the manufacturer straight off. ) That was one of the two suggestions offered, so I figured the re-set would be the fastest one to try although app re-install is a pain. Less so if you go to the playstore on line and send to your phone that way. LOVE LOVE LOVE this phone now!!!

0 Likes