How much for Droid monthly plan?
od1234

I'm currently a T-Mobile customer toying with the idea of switching to Verizon and getting the Droid. I can't seem to figure out the Verizon website/calling plans.

What would it cost per month for:

*800-1000 mins

*400-unlimited text messages

*unlimited data

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How much for Droid monthly plan?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Given your usage needs there's a couple of voice/text options that might work for you.

Voice:

900 Minutes = $59.99

1350 Minutes = $79.99

Both plans include unlimited Night & Weekends @ 9pm, unlimited VZW-VZW calling and 5 Friends & Family numbers of your choosing.

Text

$10 package for 500 out of network messages

$15 package for 1,500 out of network messages.

Both plans include unlimited VZW-VZW messages.

Or for $20 more on the two voice plans you can have unlimited messaging to anybody. So $79.99 for 900 Select and $99.99 for 1350 Select. The "Select" is what gives you unlimited messaging to everyone.

No matter how you set up your plan the data plan is going to be $29.99 for unlimited data access for web browsing, applications and email. 

Hope that helps clear stuff up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
od1234

Hello?

0 Likes
meister
Enthusiast - Level 3

$100

0 Likes
od1234

Thanks for the input. Can you tell me which plan/add-ons you're referring to so that I can look at it?

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Given your usage needs there's a couple of voice/text options that might work for you.

Voice:

900 Minutes = $59.99

1350 Minutes = $79.99

Both plans include unlimited Night & Weekends @ 9pm, unlimited VZW-VZW calling and 5 Friends & Family numbers of your choosing.

Text

$10 package for 500 out of network messages

$15 package for 1,500 out of network messages.

Both plans include unlimited VZW-VZW messages.

Or for $20 more on the two voice plans you can have unlimited messaging to anybody. So $79.99 for 900 Select and $99.99 for 1350 Select. The "Select" is what gives you unlimited messaging to everyone.

No matter how you set up your plan the data plan is going to be $29.99 for unlimited data access for web browsing, applications and email. 

Hope that helps clear stuff up.

0 Likes
od1234

Thanks nmchileman! Wow didn't realize how crazy-expensive Verizon is.

So basically I'd be paying:

900 Minutes (+nights/weekends) = $59.99

500 messages = $10

Unlimited data = $29.99

= $99.98 + tax

Right now with T-Mo I'm paying:

1000 Minutes (+nights/weekends) = $39.99

400 messages = $4.99

Unlimited data = $19.99

= $64.97 + tax

Paying an extra $35 each month seems a little insane - even if the Droid is as awesome as it looks :smileywink:

0 Likes
techspert
Contributor - Level 1

od1234 wrote:

Thanks nmchileman! Wow didn't realize how crazy-expensive Verizon is.

So basically I'd be paying:

900 Minutes (+nights/weekends) = $59.99

500 messages = $10

Unlimited data = $29.99

= $99.98 + tax

Right now with T-Mo I'm paying:

1000 Minutes (+nights/weekends) = $39.99

400 messages = $4.99

Unlimited data = $19.99

= $64.97 + tax

Paying an extra $35 each month seems a little insane - even if the Droid is as awesome as it looks :smileywink:

Having vastly more coverage carries a premium.  As I understand it, T-Mobile is one of the worst for coverage.  If you expect to travel outside your area more than rarely, it might matter to you to have the coverage.  If you predominantly stay in your local area, best to save the bucks with a company like T-Mobile.  Ultimately, what stinks is that you can't pick any device and pick the appropriate carrier to meet your needs, whether it be lower cost or better coverage.  Advantage Europe.

0 Likes
od1234

You're right on the money techspert!!! I lived in Europe not long ago and I was able to pick any phone I wanted whilst staying with my carrier. It's great to hear someone else thinking like that :smileywink:

The closest thing to that stateside is AT&T... Their phones uses sims and they don't have a proprietary 3G system like T-Mobile. Shame I can't stand AT&T and would never give them another $ after my last experience with them.

Sigh...really wanted a Droid!

0 Likes
lonnie

Honestly the coverage is what you are paying for....Verizon has the biggest coverage area then any body else.  To add unlimited data to my plan was only an additional 20 bucks a month..of course that is with discounts but still I couldn't pass on that.  I seriously believe that if At&t didn't have the iphone everyone would be on verizon anyway.  Good Luck on your decision.

0 Likes
gnixon

I'm also currently on T-Mobile with my GF (Both have G1s) and looking to switch when I can, but a little unclear on how Verizon's Family Plans and Smartphones work.

If I was to get two Droids, could they share minutes on one plan and then have added on data/text plans? I'm assuming so.

If it is possible, what plan would I be looking at?

Seems the Connect Plan has unlimited data and texting, but that is for more basic phones, correct?

Hope that was clear, thanks for any help.

0 Likes