Port straight talk number to Verizon regular account phone?
bildad1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Straight Talk android and want to port the number to an existing Verizon single line account (regular monthly plan).  Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Port straight talk number to Verizon regular account phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service from a third phone (neither the Straight Talk or the Verizon Wireless phone) and have your Straight Talk account number available and perhaps that phone number. Tell the rep you want the porting department. Once there you say you want to port a number on top of an existing line. Your contract or line of service won't change.  If they say otherwise, tell them you are not making any changes except the number associated with the line. If they say it isn't possible, I have a PDF and a paper copy of a bill doing just what you want to do when I ported my preferred phone number from AT&T on top of a temporary number I had on Verizon Wireless for two weeks in April 2011.

You should see if they can schedule the change of the number to the date of your billing date on Verizon Wireless as it will create a partial month of charges/credits on one number and another partial month on the new number if you do it in the middle of the month.

Hope this helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You want to replace the existing Verizon Wireless number with the number coming from Straight Talk?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bildad1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I want to port it over and discontinue service with straight talk and put the number on an existing Verizon account.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service from a third phone (neither the Straight Talk or the Verizon Wireless phone) and have your Straight Talk account number available and perhaps that phone number. Tell the rep you want the porting department. Once there you say you want to port a number on top of an existing line. Your contract or line of service won't change.  If they say otherwise, tell them you are not making any changes except the number associated with the line. If they say it isn't possible, I have a PDF and a paper copy of a bill doing just what you want to do when I ported my preferred phone number from AT&T on top of a temporary number I had on Verizon Wireless for two weeks in April 2011.

You should see if they can schedule the change of the number to the date of your billing date on Verizon Wireless as it will create a partial month of charges/credits on one number and another partial month on the new number if you do it in the middle of the month.

Hope this helps.

bildad1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, also I checked the eligibility to port on the Verizon website and it shows as being eligible to port.  Smiley Happy

bildad1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, it is done!

Smiley Happy

And it went VERY smoothly!   I was even talking on the Straight Talk phone and the VZW rep walked me thru the transfer automated line, then she called the port people and had them PUSH it through since I was on the line.  She said that we can hang up, wait till you get the confirmation text and do a *228 option 1.

Well I waited about 10 minutes, then had not seen a text.  I went ahead and dialed it and did the programming, and BOOM! My number is ported!

VERY happy!

Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's great news!

0 Likes
Sophie39

Yes

0 Likes