How long does it take for the phone to get full service after you insert the sim card???
KaraMacaroni

I got my Droid Incredible in the mail today, and inserted the sim card and somehow online I think I deactivated my old phone, and I've been waiting for my new phone to receive full service for maybe over an hour now. I cannot call customer service or anything because both my old and new phone cannot make any calls because neither of them are activated. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: How long does it take for the phone to get full service after you insert the sim card???
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

It should only take like 15 minutes.  You should still be able to call CS without service on your old phone, but that might give you more problems, try the chat feature or go to your local store.

0 Likes
Re: How long does it take for the phone to get full service after you insert the sim card???
EG3

I had a similar issue activating by HTC DNA.  The activation instructions Verizon sends are horrible since they explicitly mention that you do not need to call in to activate your phone.  I left my SIM activation running overnight and it just didn't work.  I finally called Verizon from my work phone the next day and the agent informed me that you do need to call to activate your SIM card.  You will need to have your SIM card ready when you call (to provide the long string of numbers on the back of the card).  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

I've seen it work out both ways, but he's right get a hold of someone elses phone or something have the sim out both phones off to be able to give them all the info, process over the phone with customer service should only be like 5 minutes as long as things aren't totally screwed up but activation with the sime like 15 minutes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi KaraMacaroni,

I apologize for the inconvenience and I am here to help! I am confident your issue has been solved since the date of your original post. If not, I can happily assist you. What is your current zip code? Additionally, please Direct Message be your name and wireless number. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes