Nokia Lumia 822 randomly shuts down completely and will not power back on
Johnfab

Nokia Lumia 822 randomly shuts down completely and will not power on again without taking battery out. I've had it a week and this has happened everyday. WTF?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Nokia Lumia 822 randomly shuts down completely and will not power back on
primortal
Master - Level 1

Try the steps outlined by hopmedic, https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/917574#917574

If that doesn't work get a replacement phone.

0 Likes
Tattguy

Your phone will continue to do this until the patch comes out this month that is suppose to fix it.  I have went through 3 of these phones now and still have the same problem.  The only thing they will tell me is that Nokia and Windows is aware of the problem and working on it.  Best bet, is every morning pull your battery and put it back in and never leave your phone unattended for more than an hour.

0 Likes
523lake

I just got my first replacement Lumia 822 phone for the EXACT same problem you are having.  The Verizon tech told me on May 1st that Verizon had no such problem ever recorded in their computer file for the Lumia 822.  My problem was exactly the same as yours -- every single day, including within 3 hours of purchasing the phone.  Other than checking the phone frequently when I'm expecting a call, and popping out the battery when it shuts down, I've had no other solutions. 

0 Likes
DanoTheOverlord

Tattguy wrote:

Your phone will continue to do this until the patch comes out this month that is suppose to fix it.

Anyone know if this patch has pushed out yet? I got an update just a few days ago, but not sure if this is the one with the "fix". It seemed more like a minor update to the OS, though the numbers below indicate this was the December update.

For reference, I'm on:

OS Version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1532.5951.1250.1012

Radio Software: 2.0.092021.3

Chis SOC: 8960

0 Likes
Geebox
Contributor - Level 3

Regrettably I finally experienced this issue a few times recently. Don't know if this is the issue but a turned off my auto wifi and haven't a shut down in the last 4 days. Hope this is it.

0 Likes
Kinch

I have just purchased a Nokia 822, and experienced the same problem, powere off and will not restart unless you remove and place back the battery. When replacing battery, power is over 60%.  I have noted it only does this when wi-fi is turned on. with wi-fi turned off the phone does not power off where you can not start it.

0 Likes
mzed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased 3 of these phones on Dec 22,2012.  On Dec 23 I was unable to operate the phone.  It was completely shut off.  Pushing any and all buttons on the side did not start it.  I went to the Verizon store first thing on the 24th.  The employee removed the battery and told me it was like a computer and I would have to do this "occassionally".  Being a new smartphone user I didn't know any different.  "Occassionally" became at least once every three days and sometimes more than once in an hour.  The other 2 phones have not had this issue.  On Jun 16th I checked for software updates.  They were installed and since then every morning my phone is dead and I have to remove the battery in order for it to start up.  This is very frustrating as this is my only phone and I have elderly parents (who have the other 2 phones)  who may need to contact me in an emergency at any given time and can not. 

Verizon really needs to come up with a fix, This is ridiculous.  Should have just gone with the crowd and got the Iphone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear Kinch,

Good afternoon. I am sorry to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with your device. I know how frustrating it can be when you are unable to power up your device. It would be my pleasure to address your equipment concerns.

What software version is on your device? The Nokia Lumia did have a software update to fix the power cycle issue you are experiencing. To learn how to  check and download software updates to your phone click http://vz.to/108i9wr. If you are still experiencing difficulites with your device, please feel free to reach out to us. We will be more than happy to assist. Have a great weekend!

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
ferobre
Enthusiast - Level 1

i have had the same experience as far as the phone shutting off and then locking out and having to remove the battery in order to re-start the phone. I purchased this phone for my mother "77 years of age" because she wanted a phone with the ability to take pictures. I originally went in the store to get her the new galaxy and the salesman advised me that it would probably be to complicated for her to use (i should have trusted my gut) so i took his advise. Within the first couple of days she noticed the phone shutting off but thought that it was something that she was doing wrong. i will not get into details about all that i have been through in trying to get this phone issue solved, but what i will say is that after reading all of these post's it is hard to beleive that they are unaware of the problem and it is very disturbing to see that they are still selling this phone at their stores knowing that other verizon clients are about to go this this very same saga! Definitely not something i would have ever expected from VERIZON WIRELESS