Re: Why is Verizon LAST on the Galaxy S4?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can view the Vzw Twitter news feed without being signed into Twitter.

Another helpful link is this one:

Smartphones – Tablets - Apps

0 Likes
2cool4school
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has the best network and service so it doesn't need to rush a release of a deve line the other carriers do. Personally I would rather they wait until they are sure there are not outstanding issues with the phone before they release it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Also I just thought about. Verizon is planning to launch LTE over the AWS spectrum they got from the cable companies starting the end of this year. Perhaps Verizon is still testing the phone to see if it works on that. Who knows but it seems it wold make sense if you're going to use AWS to offer greater bandwidth you would need devices that can actually use those frequencies.

0 Likes
m00nbeam
Enthusiast - Level 3

@tikibar1 - Yes, I know you don't have to be signed in to Twitter. I just really don't like Twitter, period, so I avoid it. I will look at the other link though.

@Brian68 - You may be right. I simply dislike the fact that Verizon is mum on their reasoning. I think it's bad business, given this phone has had such a huge amount of hype for so long.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Since NO ONE has released this phone yet Verizon is not behind. They are only behind on announcing when they are going to release it. Now in 4 days that will be different.

0 Likes
djmok
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well having looked around in many, many, many different locations for this information I have come up empty handed.  But with no release date having been mentioned does that mean it will be earlier or later than any other carrier?  Nope, it means they are waiting to release their date so they KNOW when they will have their units and WILL be able to provide to the public.

That is something Verizon has been great with, availability of their product and the release dates to match.  Other carriers are stating This date or That date - pre-sale dates more than likely, when will you ACTUALLY recieve your unit?  Have you asked that question yet? 

Call up the other carriers and ask them when is the expected date to recive the unit after going through the Pre-Sale on their site or in store...would be interesting to see what they say.

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

What Novak said

0 Likes
msturgis
Contributor - Level 3

WHAT THE....  what kind of a logic is that? Now companies need to come out and say " we are launching a device on March 15th, and here are the reasons why it's not March 1st, and here are reasons why it's not February 15th and so on"? What kind of a dumb logic is that?

I think this is the most idiotic, illogical whining I've seen on this board, may be second to this one - "How come Verizon won't just come and tell us which phones they are NOT going to get, so that we don't have to wait and see and go to carrier that'll have it?".

0 Likes
BMoo

Not yet but on Friday (26th) AT&T will be the first.  Stinks that a company as bad as AT&T gets the phone first.  Check out this article from CNET:

0 Likes
Not applicable

Honestly it's not like the iPhone which took YEARS to get to Verizon, this is a few weeks.

0 Likes