unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.
mlttaggs

My droid bionic went through an update this morning and right after it restarted this message keeps poping up. I tried to restart it and take the battery out but the message is still showing up. What should I do to make it work again?

0 Likes
Re: unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped.
cycomyco

i have the same problem. need help . anyone?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try a system cache clear:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
teach380

Having same problem and tried that.  Didn't fix the problem.  Once the phone rebooted the same pop up came up repeatedly.  Is there a way to drop the update?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, I'm afraid you can't uninstall the update.  You could try running the phone in safe mode, there may be an app that isn't playing nice with Jelly Bean.  You may end up having to do a factory reset (if so, back everything up first 'cause you'll lose your data).

0 Likes
teach380

Thanks for the help.  I'm going in to a verizon store to see if they can fix the problem...

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I were you, I'd back everything up before going to the store ... one of the things they'll do is factory reset your phone.

0 Likes
ronaldschwartz

Called Verizon about the exact same problem.  They knew nothing.  Suggested Factory reset.

Am backing up data now.  Will advise.

0 Likes
kcvz

Same thing happening.  Phone broken now.  Why??????

0 Likes
susanmary428
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, it sounds like this phone is fried.  Com.Android.Phone, I believe is one of the main file names for the operating system itself.  Without it, the phone ceases to function.  Were you running any custom software on the phone prior to the update?  Short of replacing the phone, I don't know that this can be resolved.

0 Likes