Re: How to get more memory on my LG Enlighten???
TabbyAnn

When I got the Enlighten, I got it because I am not a big phone person.  My husband has a droid4 and my daughter has an IPhone.  I am not the greatest with figuring out all of the complicated stuff so I just wanted a simple phone.  The worst part is I never keep messages or anything extra on my phone, I usually erase any text messages or emails immediately after I get them.  The only app I ever installed was 2 games, and not at the same time, to play when I was bored and I picked the ones with the lowest GB's.  My husband keeps telling me that I should have got a Droid 4, which he loves.  Mind you he had an Alltel phone for 6 years till he had to give it up.  I told him I just didn't want all the complicated stuff that goes along with some of them phones.  I'm lucky if I get one or two phone calls or texts a day and most of the time it's either my daughter or husband.  I do use it as a house phone but don't get to many calls at all.  Heck more people call for my mother in law than for me and that's mostly about church stuff.  The last couple of days I have been getting that icon that says I need to free up space but I have done nothing to the phone at all.  If I take the battery out and put it back in than it will go away for a while.  I have nothing else to free up space with.  And I have looked and there is no way to shut off updates, or not that I can find.  Maybe I just got a bad phone, it wouldn't suprise me.  Lol!

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

The battery pull helps in the short term because a reboot clears your cached information. I wish I had more ideas for you.

Keep in mind you can activate any phone on your line without affecting your contract or upgrade date, whether you want to go back to a basic phone or a different smartphone you buy elsewhere.

0 Likes
Not applicable

TabbyAnn wrote:

When I got the Enlighten, I got it because I am not a big phone person.  My husband has a droid4 and my daughter has an IPhone.  I am not the greatest with figuring out all of the complicated stuff so I just wanted a simple phone.  The worst part is I never keep messages or anything extra on my phone, I usually erase any text messages or emails immediately after I get them.  The only app I ever installed was 2 games, and not at the same time, to play when I was bored and I picked the ones with the lowest GB's.  My husband keeps telling me that I should have got a Droid 4, which he loves.  Mind you he had an Alltel phone for 6 years till he had to give it up.  I told him I just didn't want all the complicated stuff that goes along with some of them phones.  I'm lucky if I get one or two phone calls or texts a day and most of the time it's either my daughter or husband.  I do use it as a house phone but don't get to many calls at all.  Heck more people call for my mother in law than for me and that's mostly about church stuff.  The last couple of days I have been getting that icon that says I need to free up space but I have done nothing to the phone at all.  If I take the battery out and put it back in than it will go away for a while.  I have nothing else to free up space with.  And I have looked and there is no way to shut off updates, or not that I can find.  Maybe I just got a bad phone, it wouldn't suprise me.  Lol!

I doubt you got a bad phone if its still working. Like I said that phone came out over 2 years ago. There's some new phones like the Lucid 2 that have a "starter" mode for people that aren't used to smart phones. I can say if it's really a more simpler mode since i have no experience with it but they say they have a "starter" mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you all for taking the time to help out! I really appreciate everything you guys do to help each other out.

@TabbyAnn,

I can imagine how frustrating and annoying it can get to keep getting that memory icon on your phone. Let's see if we can get this to stop once and for all.

You mentioned you had pictures saved on the memory card. It may be that the memory is reaching it capacity. Have you tried removing some of the pictures? You can either delete the pictures you don't need http://vz.to/10ZAQBA or transfer them to your computer to free up some space http://vz.to/XFpSTF. Another option would be to get another memory card with more space. Your phone is compatible with a memory card of up to 32GB.

I hope you give these suggestions and try keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes