How to get more memory on my LG Enlighten???
mommyoffishes

So I have a LG enlighten and I only have a few apps and I can't get more. I have put as many as I can over on my sd card and it wont let me move any more onto my sd card. Is there is a trick or something I am missing???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to get more memory on my LG Enlighten???
ChaunceyM_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

Hello mommyoffishes! I believe that I have the answers to your concerns about your memory! You can add memory to your device by increasing the memory of your SD card. You have the option to add up to 32GB of memory via an SD card. Take a look at our online inventory....http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessories Have a great day!

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

ChaunceyM_VZW wrote:

Hello mommyoffishes! I believe that I have the answers to your concerns about your memory! You can add memory to your device by increasing the memory of your SD card. You have the option to add up to 32GB of memory via an SD card. Take a look at our online inventory....http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessories Have a great day!

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

That does not help as many apps won't allow you to move them to the memory card. Unfortunately mommyoffishes the Enlighten has very limited memory and since Verizon forces you to keep bloatware you might have to delete and install apps often.

0 Likes
mario3rd

Getting a bigger SD card will not solve this problem. So many apps cannot be stored on the SD card and, frankly, the LG Enlighten phone is sorely lacking in onboard phone memory. We're just stuck with this device until the next upgrade when we will make sure to get the amount of phone memory that will serve our need for apps. I have just a 4GB SD Card and I am using all of it that I can, and it amounts to just 4% of its total capacity. So these answers about getting a 32GB card are just false and show no understanding of the issue with the Enlighten phone. I just dumped all my email accounts and their configurations in order to make room for some apps. I will just answer email from my desktop. It's a bummer when I'm at Starbuck's and want to check my email, but I could not find any other way to get some memory freed up.

<< Email address removed.  Please do not post personal information. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
TabbyAnn

I am getting a little upset with the memory problem on this phone.    The icon for phone memory full keeps coming on and I don't even have any applications on it other than the ones that came on the phone.  I have a 8GB SD Card in it for my pictures and contacts.  I tried to download a couple of games to play and I had to delete them for the icon to go away and now it is just coming on all the time.  I have to take out the battery and restart the phone in order for it to go away.  If the icon is on the phone you can't even answer a text.  I need to know what to do about this or I will just go back to my old phone until my contract is up.  Please Help!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

The Enlighten only has a small amount of memory. A lot of which is taken up by the apps that came with the phone and those apps can not be moved to the memory card. You need to put any new apps on your SD card if you can. The Enlighten has 150 MB for you to use that's not much some apps can be in excess of 50 MB or higher. Also those of those pre-installed apps update themselves and thus use more storage space. So if you don't use them you need to shut off the auto-updates on them( if you can ) and delete the updates.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I had this problem with an LG Ally I owned for one week. It's so annoying!

As everyone else said, move everything you can to the SD card: photos, music, the apps that allow it. Delete every app you can. You can't delete some of them, the "bloatware," but you can clear the cache of each one you've used. Delete the messages you don't need.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes the Ally suffers from the same issue. I owned one before upgrading to a Lucid. But the Ally and Enlighten are nearly 3 years old too. Maybe time for an upgrade for these people. Verizon has several models for free( plus the $30 upgrade fee ) that are much better than either the Enlighten or Ally.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

TabbyAnn wrote:

I am getting a little upset with the memory problem on this phone.    The icon for phone memory full keeps coming on and I don't even have any applications on it other than the ones that came on the phone.  I have a 8GB SD Card in it for my pictures and contacts.  I tried to download a couple of games to play and I had to delete them for the icon to go away and now it is just coming on all the time.  I have to take out the battery and restart the phone in order for it to go away.  If the icon is on the phone you can't even answer a text.  I need to know what to do about this or I will just go back to my old phone until my contract is up.  Please Help!!

Do you have a lot of text messages saved on the phone? Maybe it is time to clean those up?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I would think only a message with a pic or video would use up a ton of memory. A regular text message it would take nearly 7000 to use up just 1 MB. Even on a phone with just 150 MB that's 1 million messages. Who has that many?

0 Likes