Re: iPhone FaceTime Charges
Dnowosatko

Do you use it for Canada

0 Likes
Re: iPhone FaceTime Charges
Not applicable

As a owner and user of the iPhone I can tell you I have never been charged for any facetime activity. A few of my former co-workers and I use it all the time. Since a facetime session can be selected from my contact list it is purely over wifi. Verizon cannot charge for what they don't provide. Apple even uses its own iMessage texting which your wireless provider can not charge for. A simple Google search will bear this out.

Another thing to remember which may be a game changer is that the Apple iPhone is capable of being used over a cellular network now. Google the AT&T debacle over charging only unlimited users over share plan users. I believe Verizon also took that stance but I only read that Verizon relented and let all their iPhone users access to Facetime over cellular.

On any data plan including unlimited users. See the story link below.

Another program I found in the app stores is OOvOO which makes facetime messages and text messages for free.

I believe the calling is like Skype but I only use the video chat so cannot say for certain

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57511855-94/verizon-wireless-to-include-facetime-on-all-data-plans/

Message was edited by: Elector

0 Likes