Unlimited Data
DongJi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you think that Verizon will end unlimited data for good or just do what ATT is doing? The are only allowing Unlimited data users to have 5GB of LTE and then placing them on 3G. I would much rather prefer that Verizon did this rather than totally getting rid of Unlimited data. What are your thoughts?\

Eddie K.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data
Not applicable

I think most of us expect Verizon to do something July 2014 when the last of the new grandfathered unlimited data plans expire.  Since they dropped them for customers upgrading to new subsidized phones, it's hard for me to see them doing anything different for the rest of us.  I think it will depend on what the other major competitors are doing at the time.  I would expect the Share Everything is it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well I think it's obvious that getting everyone on Share Everything is the end game. Verizon understandable doesn't want to have 2 different billing systems. Since unlimited data is not part of Share Everything it's also obvious they will have to get rid of it eventually. The logical time would be anytime after June 28th 2014.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I hope they do.  I think they should greatly simplify their product offerings so that customers don't get so confused.

0 Likes
DongJi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Even thought ATT has had Unlimited Data for all these years? Verizon would be the first to actually totally get rid of unlimited data? I know Verizon isn't ATT but i would still like to retain my unlimited data even though i may not use a lot of data but it gives me a piece of mind and it is certainly a lot cheeper than a shared everything plan.

0 Likes
Not applicable

DongJi wrote:

Even thought ATT has had Unlimited Data for all these years? Verizon would be the first to actually totally get rid of unlimited data? I know Verizon isn't ATT but i would still like to retain my unlimited data even though i may not use a lot of data but it gives me a piece of mind and it is certainly a lot cheeper than a shared everything plan.

Considering Verizon had 72% of all new customers additions in the last quarter I doubt they are worried. At&t on the otherhand..........

0 Likes
joeguy0326
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just hope that by 2014 there will be so little unlimited customers left that Verizon won't go through the hassle to get everyone off. I really think they should just kick the people who just out right abuse it and let people who have moderate use with their unlimited data stay on it. (By moderate  I mean people who don't use 50GB a month which is unbeleivable!)

0 Likes
unter_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you imagine where that would put high-end users? I mean, if someone uses 10+ GB in a bill cycle, that's awesome use of the unlimited data! Anything else covering that amount of data is super pricey by comparison. Bad business move to punish customers who use what they pay for. I think Verizon would be better off offering something like a promotion or incentive for customers to jump off unlimited data toward Share Everything, like a monthly discount promo.

0 Likes
Not applicable

We don't need an incentive.  Customers who use over 10GB of data on unlimited data plans are abusing the system.  They need to move to cable or U-Verse.  Verizon needs to discontinue unlimited in July 2014.  I say that as a customer who still has unlimited data and unlimited hotspot.

Not applicable

unter_vzw wrote:

Bad business move to punish customers who use what they pay for.

I think Verizon would be better off offering something like a promotion or incentive for customers to jump off unlimited data toward Share Everything, like a monthly discount promo.

A) It's not bad business. What IS bad business is having a few people ruing it for everyone else. If you have 500 customers in an area and 5 are using most of the data making it worse for the other 495 then you do what will keep the other 495 happy.

B) I agree with the incentives to move people to Share Everything, but right now they already have 23% on Share Everything in just 6 months. As long as that keeps up I don't Verizon will feel the need to use incentives. Also I doubt incentives would work for most people on unlimited. Those people want to hold onto that. Heck many are willing to pay $400 extra for a phone to keep it. That's like $20 a month if you average that out over a normal 20 month upgrade cycle. So I can't see what Verizon could offer to get them to switch.

0 Likes