Re: iphone 5 with unlimited data plan
rcschnoor
Legend

Beaten on the draw once again....

0 Likes
tim600sl
Contributor - Level 3

Let me get this straight, you said, "I have unlimited data on my iPhone 5. Used other line for upgrade." How were you able to keep your unlimited with an upgrade? I was confirmed by numerous people that work at verizon that in order for you to keep unlimited data you must purchase phone at FULL price, not an upgrade. Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are correct, you cannot upgrade an unlimited line and keep the unlimited data.  However, if there is another line on the account that is eligible for an ugrade and it doesn't have unlimited data or it doesn't matter that the line loses its unlimited data, then it can be upgraded and the new phone moved to another line.

jackjorg10

Huh?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Exactly what he said.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have unlimited data and want to keep it, do not sign a new two-year contract; your choices are:

• pay full retail price for the phone
  • buy your phone from somewhere like ebay or swappa
  • upgrade another line on your account, then move the phone to the line with the unlimited data
  • add a line to your account and order the phone at a subsidized price, then put a basic phone on that line (and drop the data plan) and move the new phone to your line

For some people with multiple lines on their accounts, they are upgrading another line and moving the phone.  Some people have unlimited data on more than one line on their account, but it may not be that big a deal for some users if they lose their unlimited data ... so the phone gets upgraded and the line switched to a tiered data plan, then the new phone is put on the unlimited data line and the old phone put back on the upgraded line.

Does that clarify things, or did I just make things worse? 

0 Likes
jackjorg10

It does, thanks!

0 Likes