Re: Multiple Samsung Stratosphere problems after FF1 update
kinzer

Yes, they provided a box and paid shipping for the returned phone.  I was having issues after the update> phone would not charge with any charger ( I assumed it was all chargers until I realized it was the phone) & I was receiving force close every time I opened my email.  I went to Verizon and they tested the battery; it was fine so they offered an exchange through the mail for the same phone.  I also showed them the force close issue.  Since receiving my new phone, the battery issue has been resolved but the force close on the email is back.  I no longer have an option to add gmail, it is considered an "other" email account??, AOL gives a 503 error when trying to add it. Sometimes it shows camera pictures and other times not.  I dislike the new call settings and agree 100% that we should be offered a new phone or the upgrade to a Statophere 2 with no charge.  I was fine before the upgrade, why not go back or fix the issues.  I spent a very long time reading over 100 of these postings so obviously there is a problem here.

0 Likes
cotton32563

Glad to see I am not the only one still having issues.  Just received my second "certified" phone yesterday.

I have had the same problems as others have reported - NO BATTERY life being my biggest issue with the previous two phones.  Very disappointed that Verizon just keeps sending me the same phone when they are well aware of the problem.

We'll see how long this one lasts - as they say - three strikes and your out! 

0 Likes
peggy0501

I have been dealing with my samsung startosphere for 3mths, my phone wont receive random text messages that verizon is showing that were sent to the phone and I get a "server not available" message when trying to connect to my Comcast email. If I turn the phone off and bck on it seems to work for anywhere from 16min to 2days. Verizon has passed the buck off on comcast and samsung. I have no trouble getting my emails on my tablet from Verizon. I have had my sim card replaced three times, I have done a factory reset three times, even removed the memory card. Finally Verizon sent me a replacement phone, it to lasted for less than 24hrs before I experienced the same problems. When Verizon tech support did all they could do they sent me to Samsung who hung up on me twice and then said they would call back with more info and they never did. I also noticed that when they sent me my replacement phone it increased my contract date by a year. I cant see how so many posts are going unnoticed and how they can turn the other cheek with this matter. I have been a customer of Verizon since 1997 when it was orginal Centurytel and am seriously considering leaving my contract. I pay 180.00 a month for two phones and a tablet and only two devices seem to be working (at this time). For that kind of money you think Verizon would do something to help out with a new phone for me or something?

0 Likes
happycat00

Thanks for starting this. I have had few problems until lastweek (Feb 15, 2013), when messages were either not sent or were garbled.  Finally found that removing signature cleared the problem, so far.

0 Likes
d1pinklady

>Comment deleted to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
d1pinklady

Thanks for posting this. It is the only place I have gotten any info about the Android firmware 2.3.6 upgrade. I didn't know it was called FF1.  I did know it was a gingerbread (not a honeycomb, jelly bean, or ice cream. where do they get these names? What do they mean?)

I have searched the web for many days trying to get info about this and samsung stratosphere. 

I did find 1 blog about the update but in relation to a Nexus S (i think that was the phone) and they didn't want to hear about anyone else's phone.

vzw has a 2 page PDF about the upgrade but it was more a sales flyer than a helpful guide.  IMHO

We are having problems (we have 2 stratospheres) only 1 has accepted the upgrade. don't want to upgrade the other phone since seeing what the upgrade does.

I've written 2 replies to this post but vzw seems to think i am saying something bad and has deleted both. So I am trying to remember everything.

Like I said we are having  several problems:

1.  There is something called "Go Apps", "GoSMS Pro", GO PowerMaster" that say to download. What are they? Do they replace anything I already had? Or is it a way Google is bundling and promoting Android (the green little guy, who is cute but that is all for me. IMHO)

2   Where is the Play Store? I found something, but didn’t see where the feature, paid, free, top grossing apps were separated. I don't want to have to wade thru all the paid apps to see the free apps. I pay enough with my bill to have to pay anything extra.

3.  When answering a phone call, the mute button was removed so now you only answer or reject a call. I want to mute my call, because otherwise the caller will know I rejected it when it goes straight to VM after 1 or 2 rings.  Just my preference but something I like and use.

4.  The backup Assistant isn't working since the upgrade.

5.  The AccuWeather.com is having trouble updating.

6.  Another preference are the icons at the bottom (phone, contacts, messaging & applications), they are now see thru where before they had color and were labeled.

Bring back 2.3.5 or fix 2.3.6.    I know part of it is getting use to the new stuff and using it , but when it makes it harder to use for anything other than the phone itself, why are we paying so much money then?

Also what does safe mode do to the phone and apps? I read you can't use the apps downloaded thru google play store but what about apps downloaded thru amazon? Is safe mode on the phone like it is on a computer and nothing else works?

Thanks again for this post. It has been more helpful than anything out there on the web

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@d1pinklady

You really don't need to post your question in multiple places. Your discussion you started is enough . Besides it is also considered cross posting and is frowned upon because of the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
radtek21

Well I got the update late last night. Now I am unable to charge my phone! I have a pop up that says charging stopped! and that  I have an incompatible charger and to use to charger that came with the phone. I am using the charger that came with the phone! Has anyone else had this problem? I am at 69% on the battery hope I can get this figured out before it depletes it self.

0 Likes
acarter23

Now you should just get a new phone, that one will never be the same and Verizon takes no responsibility!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone

0 Likes
radtek21

I finally got my battery to charge although I had to jump through a lot of hoops to get it to work. None of my wall wart chargers would work so I went out to the car and tried the car charger, no dice! Since the car charger is one of those multi-input designs I took it into the house and tired its USB connection to my PC that did not work. I also plug it into and AC outlet it still would not charge. While it was still plugged in the AC I popped off the back cover and  removed the battery. The phone did some rhythmic vibrating while the battery was removed. I then shoved the battery back in and bingo it started charging! It completed its charge. I then turned the phone back on. Now I don't know if this corrected the problem or I just created a work around but it is fully charged. I will post if it starts acting out again. Now lets see if any of the other problems mentioned here are affecting my Strat.

0 Likes