Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc PLEASE FIX!!!
joewal

Four days later and still no solution.  Have contacted Verizon and they stated there is nothing they can do.  Verizon has also denied any role in this; instead, they wan to place the blame on LG.  The deny responsibility for the phone and upgrade.  Last I recall, I purchased my phone at a Verizon store and the update came across the Verizon network.  LG promised me a return phone call and lets just say I am still waiting for that.  The only thing my phone really does right now is receive call but nothing from LG.  The customer service provided by Verizon has been HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!! 

0 Likes
Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc PLEASE FIX!!!
H3in707
Enthusiast - Level 1

at last I have found a fix if you want to keep your
old phone and not void your warranty, first save and back up all your files on
your computer by connecting it to your computer. There are several files on how
to do this posted on these forms. After you have everything saved put your
phone in modem mode, and go to http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-VS950.
While on that page go to software update download the LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL
and install it. It will automatically find your phone, DO NOT CLICK UPDATE AS
IT WILL DO NOTHING! Instead you need to go to the customer support tab at top
and click on recovery phone. It will find your IMEI but click on check. This
will run for about 5 hours so have time to do so, but it installs the new
update the way it should have and you get full function of your phone back! So
much for LG and Verizon’s tech support

thatcher70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks it worked great!  My phone is now working great. I regained everything.   It took me less than an hour for it to complete the update!

0 Likes
csaceo

It's not recognizing my phone...

0 Likes
H3in707
Enthusiast - Level 1

on your phone place it in modem mode while it is plugged into you computer, if this doesnt work then try to download the USB drives on the LG support site posted above.  hope this helps you!

0 Likes
thatcher70
Enthusiast - Level 1

It did not recognize my phone either....at first.  You may have to type your IMEI number in yourself.  You can find it by going to the settings in your phone, then to about phone, then phone identity. once you type it in press check and the rest is just waiting.

0 Likes
csaceo

Put it in modem mode like the guy before me said....it's updating right

now...hopefully this works! Too bad I already did a hard reset because I

might have saved my contacts but oh well! Supposed to be getting

replacement phone tomorrow.

0 Likes
csaceo

20 minutes. I have my phone back! Thank you!!!!

0 Likes
csaceo

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

0 Likes
Anmanwar
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand why verizon isn't giving you a replacement phone like everyone else????  Your intuition is only 6 months old...it's still covered under its 1 year warranty.  Get a phone!!!

70. Re: LG Intuition upgrade today...app issues, failure notifications constantly, Google Play broken, missing widgets...etc  PLEASE FIX!!!

joewal Mar 7, 2013 6:39 PM (in response to cltyler77)

Four days later and still no solution.  Have contacted Verizon and they stated there is nothing they can do.  Verizon has also denied any role in this; instead, they wan to place the blame on LG.  The deny responsibility for the phone and upgrade.  Last I recall, I purchased my phone at a Verizon store and the update came across the Verizon network.  LG promised me a return phone call and lets just say I am still waiting for that.  The only thing my phone really does right now is receive call but nothing from LG.  The customer service provided by Verizon has been HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

Report Abuse  Like (0)  Reply

0 Likes