1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 65 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2014 6:14 AM by Krista0770 Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII GPS issues
        davemidlo

Also having GPS issues, wish this was fixed.

• 21. Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII GPS issues
          imagesandwords

I've had my S3 for maybe 8 months.  I upgraded to Jelly Bean the day it came out.  The issue with the gps not locking JUST started happening about 8 or 9 days ago.  What is going on? 

I would say that it locks on once every 15 or 20 attempts.  If it doesn't lock within 5-10 seconds forget it.  It's not happening. 

Did the new google maps or something in Jelly Bean fry the SIII's gps?  Who knows?  All I know is that one of the key features to my device is now non-functional. 

As the Dos Equis man says.... "I don't always test my code, but when I do, I do it in production."

Update:

I just got off the phone with Verizon Support.  We went through the usual script of, do this and do that.  Clear AGPS, try this VZ navigator etc.  The Rep on the phone says it's a known issue, not only with the S3 but with the Razr as well.  There is supposedly an update that was supposed to be coming in February.  So much for that.

• 22. Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII GPS issues
            jws217

i just discovered this issue for the s3 i bought at the end of December. I'd like to be added to the list of VZ Wireless customers waiting for a fix.

• 23. Samsung Galaxy SIII GPS issues
              xrayjay62

I received an update on my phone to 4.1.2 jelly bean. It seems to have fixed everything with GPS. Check your phones!!.

• 24. Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII GPS issues
                jws217

i installed the update but still no luck with the GPS.

• 25. Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII GPS issues
                  omerc10696

With the S4 coming out this year they (vzw and samsung) probably won't bother with solving any problems with this phone.

• 26. Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII GPS issues
                    jws217

i might have spoke too soon. yesterday while sitting in the office the GPS wouldn't lock but once I got outside it worked just fine. and today it again seems to be working as well. looks like the 4.1.2 update might have resolved the issue.

I really hope you're not right about stopping the support, I went through that with the thunderbolt. I was hoping Samsung would be a little more long lasting for support, at least get me through the 2 years I have the phone.

• 27. Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII GPS issues
                      Ann154

GPS won't lock indoors since the phone isn't in direct line of sight to the satellites.

• 28. Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII GPS issues
                        imagesandwords

I actually did made a warranty claim on my phone.  The day 4.1.2 came out i updated the old phone, and there was still no GPS lock.  When I got the new phone I applied all the updates and the GPS would still not lock like it used to work.  I live in the NYC/New Jersey Metro area, and I did not have this problem a few months ago.  Locking indoors used to never be a problem, but now it's impossible to obtain a lock.  When outside, it's still very slow to lock in my opinion, even on the "refurb" phone I was sent.

• 29. Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII GPS issues
                          jws217

i agree with this to a level, but I wasn't buried in the middle of a bunker without window access. I've had success with other GPS receivers used for personal and work in the same location.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next