How can I change number on a prepaid phone online?
moviewithnostory
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this number for over a year now. I noticed strange 800 numbers calling, and numbers with my area code that I was familiar with calling too. I answered one call and it was a debt collection service. Lately, these calls and texts have only gotten worse. Cash loans, more debt collections and random things. I think the woman using the number before me is still using the number whenever she signs up for something. It's gotten quite irritating. And it's wasting my out of network texts. And I can't answer every phone call because it will charge me for being an out of network call. How can I change my number without being charged? I use an older phone. A VX8350, if that helps. Please help me if you can! Thanks!

-Rachael

Labels (1)
Re: How can I change number on a prepaid phone online?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a customer-to-customer forum.  You may want to contact Prepaid Customer Service:

Customer Service - Prepaid

Dial *611 from your cell phone

(888) 294-6804

24 hours a day, 7 days a week

0 Likes
moviewithnostory
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the info. I was hoping I could find an answer from someone with a similar problem so I won't have to spend hours looking around on what to do. I should try to call customer service. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you were on postpaid, I'd have suggested that you block the numbers via your on-line MyVerizon account or through Usage Controls, but I don't think either of those options are available on prepaid.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I remember reading in another thread that you may be able to change your number via your on-line MyVerizon account like you can with postpaid, but that it messes up any balance you may have.  The advice was to contact Customer Service.

Found it:  https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/890956#890956

0 Likes
moviewithnostory
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, nope. When I tried to change my number online is prompted me with I am not the account holder because it's prepaid. That's when I got confused. Lol. Maybe I'll take the phone up to the store tomorrow and see what to do. I am broke, so I can't pay for a service. I read somewhere it's free if they are harassing calls. I'd consider 4-5 calls a day, some back to back, harassing. Wouldn't you?

0 Likes
OneHandMedic

HERE'S HOW!

Call the automated *611...(best news is this will all be done automated)

-option 2

-option 4

-option 4

-then depends on your request

-area code choices

0 Likes