Don't update your LG Intuition! Don't reset your phone before you back up to a pc!
Sams_LG_intuition

DO NOT DO A RESET ON YOUR PHONE UNTIL YOU HAVE SAVED ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO YOUR PC

Or, go here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/products/backup-assistantplus.html to see what you already have backed up and just maybe you will find that your files have already been saved prior. My advice is to check before you reset.

Repeat: This 4.0.4 update is a very bad bug that apparently has no fix except to get another phone. Do not do a full reset unless you have first plugged your phone into a pc and saved all your photos, music and files. They are still on your phone but you must plug into a pc to access them before you try a reset and delete them. That is what I did and I have all of my stuff saved.

I called verizon support and we tried a factory reset but the issues with the update continued to persist.

• It will not connect to "Backup Assistant".
  • It will not connect to any google services.
  • It will not access the camera function
  • It will not access the photo gallery.
  • Files can be accessed via usb hub onto a pc.

I went to my local store and had them check it out and they were stumped...? The only fix they could offer at this point was to order me a new phone so, that is what I did. The funny thing is that all the other LG models they had there at the store updated just fine. My guess is that this problem is specific to the Intuition and hopefully a new one will be ok.

Again, I suggest you back up everything manually to a pc before trying to resolve this issue.

Also- if you have a new phone on the way *do not* allow it to update to 4.0.4

Good luck, -Sam

problem update issues problems

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Don't update your LG Intuition! Don't reset your phone before you back up to a pc!
Not applicable

Sams_LG_intuition wrote:

DO NOT DO A RESET ON YOUR PHONE UNTIL YOU HAVE SAVED ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO YOUR PC

This is pretty much common sense thing to do regardless of the situation.

0 Likes
Re: Don't update your LG Intuition! Don't reset your phone before you back up to a pc!
MartyBlack
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone received their new LG Intuition yet? The local store said they would have one for me in two days. Just about all the funtionality of my current phone was destroyed by the OS update. I'm disturbed that neither Verizon nor LG have been providing any update on what they did and what went wrong.

jlvaz

I received my new one today and it does have the 4.0.4 update on it.  It works great.  It came overnite on Fed-Ex.  Fed-Ex told me this morning that his truck was full of the new LG replacements and that his only job today was delivering them.  Wonder if there is going to be a great 1/2 price sell on those going back.

0 Likes
kjarstin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Sam, but I do have backups, and I can't access them either, as when I connect my phone to my pc and try to open backup assistant, it doesn't recognise the phone and refuses to install drivers for it, much less allow me to get to my backups.  *Sigh*

0 Likes
jammyster
0 Likes
jammyster

I found a statement about updates to firmware.  If any apps are running, it will corrupt the firmware.  Maybe they did not have anything running when they put the software on the new phones.

0 Likes
Anmanwar
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also- if you have a new phone on the way *do not* allow it to update to 4.0.4

Good luck, -Sam

lg intuition phone update_4.0.4 problem lost_contacts lost_google_services 4.0.4 update issues 03_04_2013

"Certified like new" device arrived yesterday at noon....it has 4.04 on it.  Only issue seems to be its taking forever to properly charge and battery power disappears rapidly

0 Likes
Tron54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Waiting for replaced phone.  Unfortunitly I was backing up my phone when the "upgrade" hit my phone. The thing hit my computer and phone at the same time. Frooze my computer. I had to shut everything off and restart. None of my data was saved. Lost everything.

How do prevent updates or upgrades?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can't prevent a system update. You can only defer it. Once it is updated, you can't revert to the previous OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes