Re: Early Termination Fee?
Not applicable

Then I would demand the ETF from the person who DOES have the phone. Anyways if you have an old basic phone lying around switch the number to that so you're not racking up $30 data fees every month until you decide what to do. If you had the $300 I'd just pay it just to be done with the situation. You're going to be paying that no matter what you decide to do.

Also if you log in online it will tell you the upgrade date on that line.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Demand? Kind of hard to do if you do not have a written contract.

To the OP:

HOWEVER if the account is in your name you are responsible for the line and all fees for it. You should ask for the ETF from the person with the phone. YOU may not have bought it, however because YOU guaranteed service for a period of 2 years, that person received a $400+ discount on the price of the phone. Because of that, YOU have more right to ownership of the phone than the other person.

According to Verizon, YOU are the rightful owner of the phone if the account is in your name. If the other person does not agree to give the phone to you, you should let them know you are going to report the phone to Verizon as being stolen and then do so. The person in possession of the phone would then be unable to use it on a line of service, even if they were to start a new line of service or get added on to someone else's account.

0 Likes
KellyJudy4957

see i really don't care if that person has the phone or not. they can use it for whatever they want to use it for. I know i am the owner and have no issue pay the fee. If i have the phone or not didn't and doesn't matter to me. I just wanted to know the fee. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Not applicable

rcschnoor wrote:

Demand? Kind of hard to do if you do not have a written contract.

Oh trust me if someone owes me money I CAN demand it from them or their life is about to get all sorts of unpleasant. Especially over $300. I don't care if it's a family member or close friend.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

They would then also have the option to report you to the police(restraining order, etc...) in which case YOUR life would get all sorts of unpleasant.

Not applicable

rcschnoor wrote:

They would then also have the option to report you to the police(restraining order, etc...) in which case YOUR life would get all sorts of unpleasant.

Ok so you just let people use you? There's ways of getting your point across to people without resorting to violence. Which you assume I would use. Anyway this is getting off topic.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Brian68 wrote:

... Anyway this is getting off topic.

I was just thinking the same thing... especially since the OP has marked the question as answered, and has stated they do not care about the ETF or disposition of the phone--they just wanted to  know how much the ETF would be.  That was answered - so the rest of the discussion is moot as far as the OP is concerned, and probably no one's business anyway.

Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

this is why you dont go around signing boyfriend and girlfriends to your plan. lesson learned.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Brian68 wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

Ok so you just let people use you? Never said any such thing.

There's ways of getting your point across to people without resorting to violence. You can also have a restraining order placed against you without having ANY instances of violence.

Which you assume I would use. YOUR assumption, not mine. Seems to be quite telling, though.

Anyway this is getting off topic. Agreed. maybe the thread should be locked.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
CoolBreeze22

I was thinking the same thing !! lol

0 Likes