Samsung Gusto randomly turns off
Lbow87

I just bought a Samsung Gusto a couple weeks ago and it's randomly turning off by itself.  I can't figure out any pattern...sometimes when i get it out or open it to see if i've gotten any messages it's turned off.  This is really causing problems as I'm missing some important calls and messages - it's been very unreliable and it's driving me crazy.  Has anyone else had this problem? If i go into a verizon store will they give me a replacement or are they all having this problem? Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Gusto randomly turns off
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

@Lbow87

Wow! No the Gusto shouldn't be shutting off like you described. I can't imagine how frustrating that situation would be for you. We definitely want to get this corrected immediately.

I've contacted Samsung and this is not a known issue with the Gusto. Is there any physical or water damage to the device? Please remove the battery and see is there any corrosion or buildup where the battery connects to the phone. Is the battery loose in the back compartment?

Please let me know so we can get this resolved promptly.

Thank you

0 Likes
CJ182
@JoeL_VZW

My Samsung Gusto has been doing the same thing since I got it, about a month ago. I checked the battery, and it seems to be fine- no corrosion present, and it fits snugly into the casing. The phone has not been exposed to water or any other liquids ever, nor has it been dropped or had any physical damage. What can I do for this problem? Thanks for your help!
0 Likes
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee
Hello CJ182, I would like to help bring a resolution to your concerns. We will need to determine the culprit, either the phone or the battery. Please PM your name and cell number, we can go over your replacement options. I look forward to hearing from you.
0 Likes
Looking4Answers

did you ever figure it out?  our gusto has been doing the same thing.  shutting off at will, even with the battery charged and much usage time left.  There definitely IS an issue with Samsung phone and gusto, it seems, by searching for the problem on google.  I'd like an answer.

0 Likes
Looking4Answers

curious why my name appears when I had the option to choose a "display name". I did, and it definitely was not my real name.  yet, my real name appears . . .

0 Likes
jmordkoff

me too

About 3 times a week, I'll take the phone out of my pocket and it will be off. I keep it in my front pants pocket, and there's nothing else in that pocket. The first time I assumed that it had run down, but now I know that's not the problem, since it has happened now just hours after I took it off the charger (and the battery indicator says it's full).

I dropped by the store where I got it, but he had no ideas. All he did was check that the battery contacts were clean.

0 Likes
mrs99

I am having the same problem as well.  This is my work phone and I have missed several very important phone calls.  Were you able to figure out the cause? Do I need to bring the phone in or did we all just happen to get a lemon?

0 Likes
doug9726

This phone is a piece of crap.

0 Likes
rserina

I just purchased one this wing and it is doing the same thing.

0 Likes