Re: Thunderbolt ICS Update Issues (Ice Cream Sandwich)
tami1029
Enthusiast - Level 2

THIS NEW UPDATE CRASHED MY PHONE. I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE WITH HTC AND VERIZON FOR A WEEK. THEY EACH TELL ME IT IS THE OTHERS PROBLEM.  I AM NOT GOING TO PAY MY BILL UNTIL SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING.  I LOST VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGES AND ALL THE ATTACHMENTS.  CANT DOWNLOAD PICS ANYMORE.  CANT OPEN MESSAGES.  CANT GET ON THE NETWORK.  HIT AND MISS.  EVERY TIME I TURN ON THE PHONE, NEW PROBLEMS APPEAR. I HAVE DONE 2 HARD RESETS AND 20 SOFT RESETS.  I AM ON MY 2ND TBOLT. THEY ARE SENDING A 3RD TBOLT. YEA.........

TJ266
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues since the ICE CREAM Sandwich pgrade on 2/8/2013.

Phone is non-responsive at times.

- Dialing and selecting a contact is extremely long and can take up to 2 minutes before it actually onnects.

Memory usage is terrible

- I usually get two days on a single ful charger... Now I'm getting about 8 hours.

Email isues...

- When I delete emails,they return th next time I open my email under the unread emails.

This is crazy and Verizon needs to do something about this, and not tell us to get another version of the Thunderbolt phone or another phone all together.

safarigo
Enthusiast - Level 1

am getting most all same symptoms.
mine is always ......loading......

its killing me

kaiser6977
Enthusiast - Level 1

Me too. Can't even use the phone as a phone. This needs to be solved!

local157
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed,I deferred as long as possible,was going to try permanently refusing it,but it snuck in @ 5AM a few days ago.Lost my calendar ,Yahoo mail,other app(s) I haven't even figured out yet,and the best (WORST!) was my 1900 pictures in the gallery were GONE! Fortunately I have ASTRO file manager and found them. In 17 days,my contract is up. Guess what,Verizon? If my speed doesn't improve and I don't see some answers for at least some of the posts in this forum,I will take at least 4 accounts elsewhere.

0 Likes
Shivmaker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just called in to Verizon, "higher than normal call volume." Wonder why? I did everything possible on my phone and it is still having problems. The rep said that there are a good amount of people with Thunderbolts that this is happening to... battery drain, keyboard input not showing up at all, 1 minute+ delays before making a call, then two calls being made at the same time. 5-10 second delays+ after switching applications and this is days after I received the ICS update.

They have having HTC send me a new phone with ICS already loaded from the factory. He said that he is not sure why it makes a difference, but it has been working for people. I can't argue with new hardware the first time, but if new phones are exhibiting the same issues then there is something fundamentally wrong.

That said, I do appreciate the customer service reps being so willing to offer a new device when they could pigeon hole complaints into being related to HTC, Android or some app that someone loaded.

0 Likes
jes1023105

I had the same issue with my Thunderbolt.  To fix it power of the phone. Make sure you have 50% or more power.  Then hold down the volume down and power button at same time.  You will come to a white screen go down to factory resetby using the volume down.  Then select it by using the power button.  You will loose all your apps, but it will allow the i.c.s. update to take full effect.  Mine ran a lot better after this.

0 Likes
uwphotographer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi

I had similar problems with the ICS update on the Thunderbolt.  I removed the Android task killer app

and after going through a reboot, ICS is much snappier in terms of performance.  WIFI and other functions are back

to normal too.

I did not do the hard reset that others have recommended.

sageman800
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue with my thunderbolt.  I found a post that told me to boot into safe mode... find the tutorial and do it.  (hold down power key and at the second logo screen press the volume down key.... until it boots in safe mode, about 2 minutes)

my phone ran perfectly in safe mode and was afraid to restart it but when i did it still runs great.  Safe mode only allows original software to run at boot.  However, everything is still there and runs once opened.  I haven't figured out which app was the problem yet, if there was one. 

I hope this helps.

UnoWhoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Interesting! My T-bolt ran better WITH the App Killer running. Go figure. While the phone has slowed down tremendously, I think I'll try to live it with it until the end of the month and then move to the Samsung 4S that is coming out then. I just hope I won't be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

The only real problem I have is that the phone will "freeze" from time to time (about once a day) while it is not being used. The pull ring appears, but the entire screen is in black and white and nothing works . . . I can't turn the phone off and reboot. I have to remove the battery and the darned thing seems to freeze at the most inopportune time! 

0 Likes