Slow 3G data speeds
RamLock811

I have a Verizon 3G 5-spot mobile hotspot unit that I use as a wireless house / business unit.  I am located in a 5-bar (3g) signal location.  When signals are limited to a single user, the speeds you report are exactly what I am getting.  (0.85-1.2 Mbps down 0.6 - 0.8 Mbps up)  There are no software updates available for this unit.  Roaming updates and Applications are not applicable. 

I believe that regardless of what they advertise, this is simply the best that their 3g system can do.  The only higher numbers i've ever seen are 4g, and only in very restricted, select areas. (can you hear me now?).

Actually the speed isn't the worst problem.  It's the signal dropping.  It stinks to be in the middle of a business transaction and have to stop and re-initialize the unit so I can process a credit card sale.  If only the company were capable of feeling the embarrassment they cause their customers, things might improve.

<Post branched to a new discussion for more exposure.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Slow 3G data speeds
Not applicable

A) why are you responding to a thread that hasn't had a post in 14 months?

B) I'm not sure how fast you think 3G is supposed to be. 1.2 Mbps is about the top speed one can expect.

C) 4G is not in limited areas. 85% of Verizon customers live in areas with 4G service.

0 Likes