Thunderbolt ICS Upgrade Defective....
Deace

I installed the recent ICS firmware update, which replaced the Gingerbread operating system on my phone, and I am mad as hell.  Here are a list of issues just to star;

- Phone is slow and sluggish... Push a switch or icon it takes forever to respond, and so I push it again, no response right, then it finally it works along with the multiple other times I pushed it in frustration.  That includes trying to dial out (Speed Dial), doesn't respond, so I try again, then it makes multiple calls all at once....

- When I receive some calls, they can't hear me so I have to use speakerphone....

- Power saver switch won't turn off power saver....

The point is...IT'S NOT EVEN WORKING PROPERLY AS A PHONE LET ALONE ANYTHING ELSE! GET THE THING FIXED I'M NOT A BETA TESTER!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Thunderbolt ICS Upgrade Defective....
Sautéme
Enthusiast - Level 1

You have to do a factory reset. It is a huge pain but it works. My phone works better than ever. Super fast.  Back it up and reset.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Sautéme
Enthusiast - Level 1

You have to do a factory reset. It is a huge pain but it works. My phone works better than ever. Super fast.  Back it up and reset.

0 Likes
UnhappyAfter11Years

My phone had the same thing happen and factory reset was what I was told to do. Tech support said there was a glitch with the update.  The reset would cause the text history to delete but unfortunately I need some of the original texts for legal purposes so cannot do this.  So customer service said to get a new phone since I'm eligible for an upgrade.  Hope the reset works for you but for me, Verizon putting the cost on the customer has me looking for a new provider.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can download apps from Google Play that will back up your texts and send them to your email, if you want.  SMS Backup and Restore is one such app.

0 Likes