Can't Text or Call Out on iPhone 4S
CantrellDigital

Beginning five days ago, I started having issues with being unable to send text or call out.  I have checked that iMessage is on, I have reset the phone several times, reset the network settings, turned cellular service off and back on, airplane mode on and off, bluetooth is off, wifi is off and do not disturb is off.  I have roughly three bars for service.  The phone periodically snaps out of it and allows texts to come through, allowing me to text and make calls, and suddenly it will not allow again.  Is this a SIM card issue?  Software/Firmware issue?  I currently updated to 6.1 (10B142), but this issue was taking place two days before that and upgrading didn't solve the issue.  How do I fix this issue?  Is it a problem with the iPhone or a problem that Verizon can fix?  Help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't Text or Call Out on iPhone 4S
gscorp

I am having the same issue have done the same things this is frustrating because I switched to Verizon because I was having issues and  not able to receive or make calls send text or receive texts. I've only been with them about 6 weeks and I use my phone for business so it may be that I am transferring service again. I called tech support and they were not helpful went into the store and they wasn't helpful either. If anyone can help me please do so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems encountered with your phone, CantrellDigital! I'll do all I can to help you find a solution. My best suggestion for resolving your concerns would be to complete a 'Restore' of your device. This will return your phone to it's original factory setting and hopefully resolve the problem you described. Select the link to follow the instructions: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=47616  Please let me know of this resolves your concerns.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gscorp

Still same issues I have tried all of these tips and it seems like I am getting worst results now my phone doesn't ring nor register any calls at all. As well as ,my text messages are not going through. I only been a customer for not even two months it seems like I may have made a mistake switching. Also when I am lucky enough to be able to send a call through the receipent says my phone is breaking up and they cannot hear me. So what is the resolution now...

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:54:50 -0700

To: >Personal email address removed<

Subject: Re: Can't Text or Call Out on iPhone 4S - Re: Can't Text or Call Out on iPhone 4S

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in iPhone 4S - View the full discussion

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems encountered with your phone, CantrellDigital! I'll do all I can to help you find a solution. My best suggestion for resolving your concerns would be to complete a 'Restore' of your device. This will return your phone to it's original factory setting and hopefully resolve the problem you described. Select the link to follow the instructions: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=47616  Please let me know of this resolves your concerns.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
cocofifi
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try going to Apple.com they have a help section,and their own forum.

0 Likes