Google Play Bill to Carrier
jsaundersjr

I had this available. I tried it and it failed due to me having place restrictions on the line that I forgot about. I removed them but now i cant get the option to reappear. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Play Bill to Carrier
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure if Billing to your Verizon Wireless bill is available in the Google Play Store yet. I think I read somewhere that it was coming soon, but I don't recall if there was a planned start date.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Shadowkith

It is available, considering it was a fresh account i just created a new one and got it to work.

0 Likes
TK420

I have the same problem.  Tried uninstalling play store updates, clearing data, etc.  Din't work.

0 Likes
gophynna
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is happening to me too.  Did you ever get this fixed?  I am looking for a solution because I would prefer not having my card linked to my google account!  I would just like one phone bill.  It worked in early December for me, but then a couple weeks later it no longer worked anymore.  I emailed google store support and they said it is an issue with verizon.  I made a different google account and guess what?  I could bill to my vz account with it.  I want it to work with my regular google account though.  Please look into this or if someone has a solution offer it up!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What about using a Google Play gift card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gophynna
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think verizon should solve why their carrier billing option for the google play store is not working.  With a gift card, I'm guessing I can't do an exact amount purchase? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I understand your concern correctly, the answer is no. You would have a balance remaining if you don't use all of the gift card.

For example, I gave a friend a $10 gift card. They hadn't previous setup any other payment methods in their Google Play Store account. They added the gift card to their Play Store and had a gift card balance of $10. They have since informed me they have purchased a couple of apps and still have a balance for future purchases.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi gophynna,  Let's give you back the freedom to pay for apps the way you want!  Let's try clearing the cache of the Play Store.  Please go to Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Play Store> Clear cache and/or data.  Once complete go back and try to enable Carrier Billing again.  Please keep me updated on the status.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
gophynna
Enthusiast - Level 2

No this does not work. I already tried it as well as a factory reset. If I make a whole new google play account it works on it.

0 Likes