Changed Mobile Phone Number/Phone wont work
sickofit
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please help....I had to change my mobile number on my Samsung Stratosphere. I went thru the steps online. It stated it was successful and gave me my new number...but now my phone wont work. If you call my new number it says "the voicemail box for  so and so if full and cannot accept msgs"...if u try to text  my new number it fails. If I try to make a call with my phone it says I need to pay with visa or something to make a call or something. I've tried to shut phone down and restart several times...if you call my old number it says "This number has been changed or disconnected".....so now I have a useless phone....please help me...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Changed Mobile Phone Number/Phone wont work
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer community forum so you might not get a response quickly.

Did you turn off the phone and remove both the battery and the SIM card for a few minutes? Then reassemble the phone and reboot it to force the SIM card to re-establish the network connection.

You might need to get a replacement SIM card from a corporate store if the number doesn't change by morning.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

sickofit
Enthusiast - Level 2

no one can help? I tried the *228...the turning off and on....my phone literally is not working...no calls...no texts...no online...wats the deal??? I did everything it instructed me to do....it said it was successful....but not so much...???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer community forum so you might not get a response quickly.

Did you turn off the phone and remove both the battery and the SIM card for a few minutes? Then reassemble the phone and reboot it to force the SIM card to re-establish the network connection.

You might need to get a replacement SIM card from a corporate store if the number doesn't change by morning.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

sickofit
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank u for ur answer. i was on phone with tech support for an hour last nite and they came to same conclusion that i need a new sim card. thx again for ur help.

t

0 Likes