How to report a spam text?
brandr1017
Enthusiast - Level 1

One of the phones on my plan keeps getting spam text messages from different numbers. Is there a way to report these to Verizon? The latest was the Best Buy you $1000 gift card spam message.

Labels (1)
Re: How to report a spam text?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Forward them to 7726 (SPAM) and follow the instructions in the response.

PS If you had searched the community, you would have found several recent discussions asking the same thing.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

brandr1017
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did search, but I did not find a post where that was the answer. I found a lot of messages about blocking the number. Thanks for your help.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well I also just did a search "spam text" after I posted it just to see was the results were.  I was able to see at least 6 right away with the same answer I gave you.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
warr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Most search engines work better when you link to a page. Then, that page gets returned higher in the results list. Search engine results do not improve when you chastise another user for not searching correctly.

L_joy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hmmmm I searched for 'spam text' in support and didn't find this response. Luckily I googled it and found this thread. Thanks!

DustyDiamond
Enthusiast - Level 1

>Attacking post deleted to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
JeffreyTHull
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do you forward it to them. I can not find a forward option.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Long press the message you want to forward. 

0 Likes