Droid Razr Slow
Terriblephone

Does anyone else here have a droid razr that goes really really slow? mine goes slow and apps crash all the time... im gonna put mine back to factory settings to see if it helps.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Razr Slow
B33
Legend

Here is How to Clear the System Cache:  Follow the Directions as Noted

These are the Instructions on Clearing the Cache Partition:  For Razr & Razr Maxx

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may want to try a system cache clear first (it's less painful and sometimes is all you need).

0 Likes
Terriblephone

Thanks.. but how would i go about that?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Here is How to Clear the System Cache:  Follow the Directions as Noted

These are the Instructions on Clearing the Cache Partition:  For Razr & Razr Maxx

Top Alternate method

1. Power the device off.
    Note Press the Power button then select Power off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press and holdPower button. When the device screen goes blank release the Power button while continuing to holdVolume Up / Down, proceed with step 3.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up / Down then press the Power button.
  3. When presented with the Boot Mode Selection Menu release all buttons.
  4. Press Volume Down to select Recovery then press Volume Up.
  5. From the Droid triage screen, simultaneously press Volume Up / Down.
  6. Select Clear the Cache Partition then press the Power button.
  7. Select reboot system now then press the Power button.
B33
Legend

If that Does Not Help you May Have to Do a Factory Reset there are instructions on the Forum just do a Search of Factory Reset Razr / Razr Maxx and as Search is your Friend it will Pop up the Instructions) I will suggest this if this is your only alternative to correct an issue and your uneasy doing a F.R. Contact Customer Service 1-800-922-0204 Option 3 Which is Tech and they can Assist you threw the Factory Reset) you will have to Re-Inter your Google account and reload the Apps you had but if you have your Phone book set up with your Google Account it Will load it with in Seconds of entering the Account but as Tiki Pointed out the System Cache might be all you need to Do)  Good Luck b33Smiley Happy

bmartylee
Enthusiast - Level 1

Worked for me! Thanks..

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Your Welcome,  b33

0 Likes
fullhouse451

my phone is super slow. i can get all the way to the driod guy laying on his side, but pushing the up/down at the same time does nothing at that point. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try this:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery *

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

* if doesn't work:

press and hold the volume down and wait for a second or two, then press and hold the volume up and the volume down buttons for 5-6 seconds and then release

0 Likes
fullhouse451

I have tried that...it just freezes on the recovery screen picture of the andriod on its side. No matter how long I hold the volume button, nothing happens.

0 Likes