does lg chocolate still require a data package fee?
khelen5140

hi i think it was last year, i had a lg chocolate touch for about a week or so, but then decided to return it because of the madatory $9.99 data package fee. (which i was not informed about when i bought it) Since then, ive been using a motorola flip phone which is not a feature phone. I recently found out that now the data package fee is no longer required for feature phones

And i was wondering if lg chocolate touch is one of the feature phones that do not require the data package.

Also, what are some good touch screen phones that do not require the data package fee?

does iphone 4 count as a smartphone?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: does lg chocolate still require a data package fee?
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello khelen5140,

Data packages are only required on Smartphones such as an iPhone, Android devices and/or BlackBerry. Feature phones such as the LG Chocolate Touch no longer require a data plan but one is available if you choose to add it. The Unlimited Data plan that is required on Smartphones is for $29.99 per month. 

To review feature devices, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneOverviewByDevice...

Thank you, 

Re: does lg chocolate still require a data package fee?
scootersrosie
Enthusiast - Level 1

The chocolate is the best phone ever!  I just returned my LG Spectrum as it required the data package which I really didn't need or even use.  It just  raised my phone bill too high!!!!  I just bought a Chocolate as it doesn't require a data package but I liked a lot of the other features, especially the ability to message via voice as the arthritis doesn't allow me to text very well on a QWERTY..........Good Luck.......Love my Chocolate!  Carole

0 Likes